All sorts of ''Library'' and ''Core mod'' mods crash my game

TurklerTR

I'm using 1.12.2 forge recommended version

So, MrCrayFish's car mod requires Obfuscate mod to be installed, however, it seems to crash the game.

Example two, Optifine this time, requires CodeChickenLib mod, which also crashes.

MalisisDoors, requires core mod, also crashes.

I have to mention that I have checked about 30 mods, all of them work seemlessly. I have downloaded them from CurseForge and confirmed that they're for 1.12.2, any help? 

EDIT: I realized I forgot crash logs, but that's not on purpose, when I try to launch the game, it doesn't show the option for me to click to open crash logs :(

Edited by TurklerTR

Any coremod that breaks is on them to fix. Optifine has a highly targeted compatibility range with Forge so you have to refer to them on what version works.

We do not support or endorse coremods because 9 times out of 10 they are doing things wrong that actively break the game and other mods for thing that Forge already supports without breaking things.

Lets take 'Obfuscate' for an example.

First off the name is very poorly chosen for this type of environment, as it means to hide/bewilder/obscure something, so right there he's admitting to doing things he doesn't want you to know about.

Secondly: EntityLivingInitEvent, he touts this as the best way to attach extra DataParameters to entities, Except, if you do this to someone else entity, then it breaks the networking syncing as these values are synced by ID number, and that ID number is the order in which the parameters were registered, with values that overlap for subclasses if the parent gets a new value added after a subclass is created. This is better done using the Capability system that Forge has to attach random data to entities.

Third: ModelPlayerEvent. VANILLA already has an extensible system for managing the player's model, as well as rendering extra things related to entities and models. Why does this need to be a separate coremod?

And lastly: RenderItemEvent. This is a event that used to be in Forge. It was removed with the adoption of the vanilla model system. Which can do anything that you need it to do in a safe, controlled, efficient manor. There have been many people requesting that we re-add this hook. But their requests usually go like this: "Gimmie Render hook!" "Ok, what does the new system not allow you to do? Maybe we can design something that can suit your needs." "GIMMIE THE RENDER HOOK!" Which obviously, with the performance issues, compatibility issues, and rendering issues that this hook allows/encourages, is not a valid argument. Ya, you remember the days when 1/2 your screen would go darker then the other half. Or trees would wobble around spastically, or entity models would disappear depending on what items you had in your hand? Ya that's all caused by this style of hook.

So, basically, Coremods break, real mods don't. And you should not be using coremods, or any mod that relies on such coremods. Its up tot he community to tell the mod authors that coremods are unacceptable by refusing to use any mod that forces them to use one. Until then you will get no support for them here. You have to go directly to the coremods that break things.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon