EnumFacing 1.12.2

DiamondMiner88

14 minutes ago, DiamondMiner88 said:

I have a problem with EnumFacing. How do i get the model to rotate with the bounding box? Because i get the bounding box rotation and the correct 'facing' nbt tag but the model stays the same. I attached some imgs of what happened. Here's the GitHub Repository.

I'm not sure I understand your problem. Do you want the bounding box to rotate with the model. Or the model isn't rotating?

VANILLA MINECRAFT CLASSES ARE THE BEST RESOURCES WHEN MODDING

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

Forge and vanilla BlockState generator.

3 minutes ago, DiamondMiner88 said:

The bounding box is but the model is not did you see the imgs?

I believe the pictures are saying the opposite.

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

Please clean up your GitHub

- Why do you have a folder called 1.12.2? thats what branches are for.

- Why do you have a .gradle folder?

- Why do you have a .idea folder?

- WHY do you have a classes folder?

- WHY do you have a build folder?

- and WHY do you have a run folder? Why would anyone need your saves to compile your code?

Your code... I'm screaming in pain

243157872_ScreenShot2018-09-23at9_22_45pm.thumb.png.e5156679652f19e0cfb9bcb8d68dfb29.png

- why do you have a new class for every single colour of glass, pass an enum into the constructor PLEASE

- don't use IHasModel:

On 9/17/2018 at 9:43 AM, Draco18s said:

IHasModel is stupid and pointless (I will beat this out of you cargo cult programmers eventually). ALL items need models and all the information necessary to register a model is public. Code Style #3.

- don't use a BlockBase class:

On 9/7/2018 at 5:20 AM, Draco18s said:

You don't need BlockBase. Using inheritance as a means for code-reuse is an antipattern.

- I highly doubt you own diamondminer88.com take a look at https://docs.oracle.com/javase/tutorial/java/package/namingpkgs.html

TL;DR - YOUR ACTUAL PROBLEM did you put any special variants in your block state? https://github.com/DiamondMiner88/Character-Mod/blob/master/1.12.2/CharacterMod/src/main/resources/assets/character_mod/blockstates/a_glass_light_blue.json

No, so why would you expect them to exist? take a look at https://github.com/Cadiboo/WIPTechAlpha/blob/9c2e50bc87a8c26cc5c19bc73f0f3c4987ff48f9/src/main/resources/assets/wiptech/blockstates/aluminium_ingot.json 

About Me

Spoiler

My Discord - Cadiboo#8887

My WebsiteCadiboo.github.io

My ModsCadiboo.github.io/projects

My TutorialsCadiboo.github.io/tutorials

Versions below 1.14.4 are no longer supported on this forum. Use the latest version to receive support.

When asking support remember to include all relevant log files (logs are found in .minecraft/logs/), code if applicable and screenshots if possible.

Only download mods from trusted sites like CurseForge (minecraft.curseforge.com). A list of bad sites can be found here, with more information available at stopmodreposts.org

Edit your own signature at www.minecraftforge.net/forum/settings/signature/ (Make sure to check its compatibility with the Dark Theme)

First of all, the stuff on github is right from the folder that the mod is in, the .idea is for IntelliJ idea. the other folders i don't touch in case everything breaks. The different classes are for different block drops. They are empty because i only test with AGlassBlack and BlockBaseGlassA the json file is a_glass_black.json If you tell me HOW i can get around using IHasModel, ill do it. I only really care that it works. this mod is not going to be public i am doing it for fun. since its not going to be public i don't care that i don't own diamondminer88.com i forgot to remove the BlockBase class, yes i did put variants in my json file and its a_glass_black.json and please calm down. i did put variants although my y values are the different way around ill try the way you have it.

Still doesen't work though. How do i get the bounding box to rotate?

Edited by DiamondMiner88

Just now, DiamondMiner88 said:

Oh yeah you're right the model is rotating but the bounding box is not. 

Ok, now that we are seeing the same thing. You need to create a second bounding box and return the appropriate bounding box based on the IBlockState.

10 minutes ago, DiamondMiner88 said:

Oh so i need to make a second bounding box and based on block rotation use either the 1st one or 2nd one?

Correct. Rotating a bounding box in code is not such an easy task for 3D rotation so I wouldn't recommend that.

Look at the vanilla Fence, Ladder, Door, Fence Gate, or other similar block.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.