[1.12.2] Render block in GUI

Daeruin

I'm trying to render a block in my GUI, but it seems to have no lighting like it normally does in the inventory. Any idea what I need to do?

Spoiler

private void drawItemStack(ItemStack stack, int x, int y)
    {
        GlStateManager.enableLighting();
        GlStateManager.translate(0.0F, 0.0F, 32.0F);
        GL11.glScalef(4.0F, 4.0F, 0.0F);
        this.zLevel = 200.0F;
        this.itemRender.zLevel = 200.0F;
        net.minecraft.client.gui.FontRenderer font = stack.getItem().getFontRenderer(stack);
        if (font == null) font = fontRenderer;
        this.itemRender.renderItemIntoGUI(stack, x, y);
        this.itemRender.renderItemOverlayIntoGUI(font, stack, x, y, "");
        GlStateManager.disableLighting();
        GL11.glScalef(1.0F, 1.0F, 1.0F);
        this.zLevel = 0.0F;
        this.itemRender.zLevel = 0.0F;
    }

Not sure why this image looks faded, but you can see the difference between the one in the inventory down at the bottom, and the one I'm trying to render up at the top. Also sorry for the extra image at the bottom. Apparently you can't delete an image once you've attached it to the post.

image.png.d660dd2962b078f3ad0a80867d1bc2f5.png

image.png

Edited by Daeruin

Yes, that worked! Although it doesn't quite look the same as in the inventory. The lighting is a bit different. Anyway, thanks for the help. I'm in the dark with this rendering stuff.

Should I be rendering this in the foreground or background layer? When I do it in the foreground, I can no longer see items when I pick them up with the mouse. When I do it in the background, the basket appears clear in the upper left corner of the screen, and all my foreground stuff disappears. I have no idea what's going on with that.

Another weird thing is that now I'm noticing the front left wall of the basket is missing.

You are most likely messing up some GL state. For example...

27 minutes ago, Daeruin said:

GL11.glScalef(4.0F, 4.0F, 0.0F);

27 minutes ago, Daeruin said:

GL11.glScalef(1.0F, 1.0F, 1.0F);

This is not how GL scaling works. Scaling by 1,1,1 is doing nothing. Think of it as currentScale * passedVector. If you scale by 1 then you are doing currentScale * 1 which is currentScale. In order to scale back use 1 / scaleUsed, in your case this would be 1 / 4 = 0.25.

The rendering layer doesn't matter. It is all done in one method, but the background is rendered first.

13 minutes ago, Daeruin said:

The lighting is a bit different.

Experiment with enable/disable lighting and OpenGlHelper.setLightmapTextureCoords

13 minutes ago, Daeruin said:

Another weird thing is that now I'm noticing the front left wall of the basket is missing.

Experiment with depthtest(GlStateManager.enable/disableDepth). I can't remember of the top of my head whether MC uses depth testing for rendering items or not.