1.12 Remove glowing overlay from custom potion

Maideniles

2 hours ago, Maideniles said:

I've made some custom potions and I would like to remove the annoying glowing texture from them. How can I do that?

I’m not sure your question could be more unspecific, we need your code, a better description of what your trying to remove (screenshots?) and maybe your logs

About Me

Spoiler

My Discord - Cadiboo#8887

My WebsiteCadiboo.github.io

My ModsCadiboo.github.io/projects

My TutorialsCadiboo.github.io/tutorials

Versions below 1.14.4 are no longer supported on this forum. Use the latest version to receive support.

When asking support remember to include all relevant log files (logs are found in .minecraft/logs/), code if applicable and screenshots if possible.

Only download mods from trusted sites like CurseForge (minecraft.curseforge.com). A list of bad sites can be found here, with more information available at stopmodreposts.org

Edit your own signature at www.minecraftforge.net/forum/settings/signature/ (Make sure to check its compatibility with the Dark Theme)

I'm sorry, I guess I didn't word my question as well as I thought I did.  I mean the inventory texture of the potion bottle--the way that it glows, like an enchanted item. I want to get rid of it, if possible, so that my potion just has a plain texture. Everything else about my potions code works--the brewing recipes, etc. I just don't like the shiny overlay. How can I send it packing?  

As you requested-- here's my code, and a couple of screenshots of what I want.  And yes, I'm aware I haven't done the status icon texture yet. I haven't decided what I want it to be yet, so I will come back to it later. :)

Potions Registry:

public class PotionTypeRegistry {

public static final PotionType GREEN_THUMB = new PotionType("green_thumb", new PotionEffect[] {new PotionEffect(TreeMod.GREEN_THUMB, 230)}).setRegistryName("green_thumb");
    public static final PotionType GATHERER = new PotionType("gatherer", new PotionEffect[] {new PotionEffect(TreeMod.GATHERER, 260)}).setRegistryName("gatherer");

public static void registerPotionTypes() {

ForgeRegistries.POTION_TYPES.register(GATHERER);
        ForgeRegistries.POTION_TYPES.register(GREEN_THUMB);

//---Recipes---//
        PotionHelper.addMix(PotionTypes.MUNDANE, Items.GOLD_NUGGET, GATHERER);
        PotionHelper.addMix(GATHERER, ItemInit.FLORAL_ESSENCE, GREEN_THUMB);
       }
}

Green Thumb potion:

public class PotionGreenThumb extends Potion {

public PotionGreenThumb() {
		super(false, 65460);
		setPotionName("effect.green_thumb");
		setRegistryName(new ResourceLocation(Reference.MODID + ":" + "green_thumb"));
		}
 }

Gatherer Potion:

public class PotionGatherer extends Potion {

public PotionGatherer() {
		super(false, 16776960);
		setPotionName("effect.gatherer");
		setRegistryName(new ResourceLocation(Reference.MODID + ":" + "gatherer"));
	}
}

What I DON'T want:  http://tinypic.com/r/2cdd7ow/9

What I DO want:  http://tinypic.com/r/2rz28g3/9

6 minutes ago, diesieben07 said:

Unfortunately not possible right now. But would be easy to add a simple hook to the Potion class that is called by ItemPotion#hasEffect. Feel free to make a PR.

I was afraid that was why I couldn't get it to work. There's a method in the ItemPotion code, but that does nothing for me since this is a potion and there doesn't seem to be a way to register an ItemPotion...well, that I can find, anyway. lol    How does one do a Pull Request? And thanks for the quick reply :)