Question Related to 1.13.1

JanneSoon

On 8/25/2018 at 1:25 AM, JanneSoon said:

I just wonder, will there be a Forge for Minecraft 1.13 first then 1.13.1, or directly 1.13.1?

Thanks for incoming answers.

Good question, probably 1.13 so as not to skip anything.

About Me

Spoiler

My Discord - Cadiboo#8887

My WebsiteCadiboo.github.io

My ModsCadiboo.github.io/projects

My TutorialsCadiboo.github.io/tutorials

Versions below 1.14.4 are no longer supported on this forum. Use the latest version to receive support.

When asking support remember to include all relevant log files (logs are found in .minecraft/logs/), code if applicable and screenshots if possible.

Only download mods from trusted sites like CurseForge (minecraft.curseforge.com). A list of bad sites can be found here, with more information available at stopmodreposts.org

Edit your own signature at www.minecraftforge.net/forum/settings/signature/ (Make sure to check its compatibility with the Dark Theme)

I dont know. Groups like Craftbukkit and Spigot are barely up to 1.13 and even then extreme caution in usage is advised. For stand alone, 1.13.1 may be cool and all, but I think servers need the most attention and that needs to be focused on just getting 1.13 working properly..

I was under the impression that 1.13.1 was supposed to be a big optimization fix for servers and the lag they get, probably most notably the Hermitcraft server and all the trouble they have been having with elytra. Despite Hermitcraft specifically being a vanilla world (outside of datapacks), wouldn't it stand to reason that the priority should be to get an operational version of forge for the more "optimized" version that most servers are likely to run, rather than the original release, which is apparently full of optimization issues as noted in multiple different youtube LPs on various different servers?

Q/A:
Yes, I am new here
Yes, I made an account to comment on this thread, but more specifically to try to keep an eye on 1.13 forge progress
No, I am not a modder, at least not for MC

11 minutes ago, Hangy said:

I was under the impression that 1.13.1 was supposed to be a big optimization fix for servers and the lag they get, probably most notably the Hermitcraft server and all the trouble they have been having with elytra. Despite Hermitcraft specifically being a vanilla world (outside of datapacks), wouldn't it stand to reason that the priority should be to get an operational version of forge for the more "optimized" version that most servers are likely to run, rather than the original release, which is apparently full of optimization issues as noted in multiple different youtube LPs on various different servers?

Q/A:
Yes, I am new here
Yes, I made an account to comment on this thread, but more specifically to try to keep an eye on 1.13 forge progress
No, I am not a modder, at least not for MC

Usually programmers work on getting stuff working before moving on to optimisation, honestly though no one knows yet and no one will know until a forge 1.13(.1?) branch is made on GitHub

About Me

Spoiler

My Discord - Cadiboo#8887

My WebsiteCadiboo.github.io

My ModsCadiboo.github.io/projects

My TutorialsCadiboo.github.io/tutorials

Versions below 1.14.4 are no longer supported on this forum. Use the latest version to receive support.

When asking support remember to include all relevant log files (logs are found in .minecraft/logs/), code if applicable and screenshots if possible.

Only download mods from trusted sites like CurseForge (minecraft.curseforge.com). A list of bad sites can be found here, with more information available at stopmodreposts.org

Edit your own signature at www.minecraftforge.net/forum/settings/signature/ (Make sure to check its compatibility with the Dark Theme)

well, the client for 1.13.1 is in place but it's incompatible with 1.13. you cant even log on. Now I dont know about others but it seems foolish to me that they would push forward with 1.13.1 when there arent any servers for it yet nor backward compatibility for at least 1.13, such as there was for the 1.8 series where a 1.8.7 client could run on a 1.8 server.

There may be a build or two for 1.13.0 but once the fundementals are in place we'll be updating to 1.13.Whatever. Things are still being re-written. We're not to worried about the minor changes in MC versions. It's the major ones that are gunna take some time.

• Like 1

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

24 minutes ago, LexManos said:

There may be a build or two for 1.13.0 but once the fundementals are in place we'll be updating to 1.13.Whatever. Things are still being re-written. We're not to worried about the minor changes in MC versions. It's the major ones that are gunna take some time.

Ahhhh.. You said there MAY be a build. :).. No worries. I for one am happy to wait; excited sure, but happy to wait. I know you folks are doing your best..