int conversion errors??

reapersremorse

could someone help me with int conversion for my tooltips??

above constructor ive set

public int BurnTime;

public String burntime = String.valueOf(BurnTime);

in constructor i set

int BurnTime

in the super i set this.

BurnTime = burntime;

in the add information code i set

tooltip.add(this.burntime);

i get no errors and yes the item has the right burn time set to it (the items burn at the rate in which they are set)

but the tooltip says 0, i cant get it to write the proper int 2018-08-17_05_21_37.thumb.png.bdec37adca9c9d232cafd315ab37db3f.png 

ive tried using

Integer.toString(BurnTime)

String.valueOf(BurnTime)

Integer(BurnTime).toString()

https://github.com/reapersremorse/UTO-Mod/blob/master/src/main/java/com/reapersremorse/uto/prefabs/items/BasicItemPrefab.java

6 minutes ago, reapersremorse said:

could someone help me with int conversion for my tooltips??

Please learn Java.

7 minutes ago, reapersremorse said:

public String burntime = String.valueOf(BurnTime);

This is ran once and it happens before you set your BurnTime variable in your constructor. You need to set this also in your constructor.

VANILLA MINECRAFT CLASSES ARE THE BEST RESOURCES WHEN MODDING

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

Forge and vanilla BlockState generator.

Your burntime string is set before you have assigned any bvalue to your integer burntime.

Remove this variable, it's unnecessary. And do not name your variables from upper case (google for java naming conventions)

tooltip.add(String.valueOf(burnTime));//burnTime is your integer variable

2 minutes ago, diesieben07 said:
  • When this executes, BurnTime is not initialized yet, so it is 0. burntime therefor gets initialized to "0" and is never changed.

i tried setting as an int instead of a string, it only wants a string so i converted it to a string.

3 minutes ago, diesieben07 said:
  • Why do you even have this separate String field? Just use the int field when you create the tooltip

does this mean i have to set 2 fields for my tooltips? i could not use an int in any way inside the tooltips, when i tried setting the field from 
public void addInformation(ItemStack stack, World worldIn, List<String> tooltip, ITooltipFlag flagIn) {

into
public void addInformation(ItemStack stack, World worldIn, List<int> tooltip, ITooltipFlag flagIn) {
or

public void addInformation(ItemStack stack, World worldIn, List<Integer> tooltip, ITooltipFlag flagIn) {
it would not add the tooltips.