Block texture changing depending on vision?

Cesar Codes

Well, I want to replicate the block that changes texture depending on your vision, in the mod qCraft. I'm planning on making a mod called Qubit, or a successor to qCraft, which introduces more sci-fi stuff, and some texture changes. (Please tell me if a mod named Qubit already exists)

"I'm that kind of person who is completely new to java but can make a good java program from scratch without any tutorials"

I'm Cesar. A beginner coder that has amazing ideas but can't make them real. Also, I ask a lot of questions ;)

53 minutes ago, Cesar Codes said:

depending on your vision

Define vision

And also show what you have tried.

VANILLA MINECRAFT CLASSES ARE THE BEST RESOURCES WHEN MODDING

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

Forge and vanilla BlockState generator.

1 hour ago, Animefan8888 said:

Define vision

And also show what you have tried.

Well, I didn't start my modding yet, but I'll send a qCraft video, showing the feature that I want to make (it's an official mod showcase):

It depends on which direction you are looking at the block. For example: I have a block, that, viewing it from south, it's a diamond block, but viewing it from north, it's a dirt block.

Edited by Cesar Codes

"I'm that kind of person who is completely new to java but can make a good java program from scratch without any tutorials"

I'm Cesar. A beginner coder that has amazing ideas but can't make them real. Also, I ask a lot of questions ;)

17 minutes ago, Cesar Codes said:

Well, I didn't start my modding yet, but I'll send a qCraft video, showing the feature that I want to make (it's an official mod showcase):

Well there are two ways to do this, and I am not sure which would be better.

1. Subscribe tot the RenderBlockOverlayEvent and render an overlay on your block that draws a new face on the block based on various things, player postion, block position, etc.
  2. Create a FastTESR for the block and render a different model based on the various information you have. Which you can get from changing the blockstate passed into the renderFast method that you need to override.

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

1 minute ago, Animefan8888 said:

1. Subscribe tot the RenderBlockOverlayEvent and render an overlay on your block that draws a new face on the block based on various things, player postion, block position, etc.
  2. Create a FastTESR for the block and render a different model based on the various information you have. Which you can get from changing the blockstate passed into the renderFast method that you need to override.

Thank You.

On 7/28/2018 at 6:38 AM, Animefan8888 said:

do you know how you would load & render these (json) models?

About Me

Spoiler

My Discord - Cadiboo#8887

My WebsiteCadiboo.github.io

My ModsCadiboo.github.io/projects

My TutorialsCadiboo.github.io/tutorials

Versions below 1.14.4 are no longer supported on this forum. Use the latest version to receive support.

When asking support remember to include all relevant log files (logs are found in .minecraft/logs/), code if applicable and screenshots if possible.

Only download mods from trusted sites like CurseForge (minecraft.curseforge.com). A list of bad sites can be found here, with more information available at stopmodreposts.org

Edit your own signature at www.minecraftforge.net/forum/settings/signature/ (Make sure to check its compatibility with the Dark Theme)

Just now, Cadiboo said:

do you know how you would load & render these (json) models?

Take a look at AnimationTESR

2 minutes ago, Animefan8888 said:

Take a look at AnimationTESR

From where?

About Me

Spoiler

My Discord - Cadiboo#8887

My WebsiteCadiboo.github.io

My ModsCadiboo.github.io/projects

My TutorialsCadiboo.github.io/tutorials

Versions below 1.14.4 are no longer supported on this forum. Use the latest version to receive support.

When asking support remember to include all relevant log files (logs are found in .minecraft/logs/), code if applicable and screenshots if possible.

Only download mods from trusted sites like CurseForge (minecraft.curseforge.com). A list of bad sites can be found here, with more information available at stopmodreposts.org

Edit your own signature at www.minecraftforge.net/forum/settings/signature/ (Make sure to check its compatibility with the Dark Theme)

2 minutes ago, Cadiboo said:

From where?

It's a forge class. That renders a block model from a blockstate.