[1.12.2] Check if two items are equal [Closed]

Legenes

Hi all!

I overrided a method, which didn't has the player (so I can't get the item in the mainhand), so I made this ugly line to get it:

worldIn.getClosestPlayer(pos.getX(), pos.getY(), pos.getZ(), 10, false).getHeldItemMainhand().equals(Items.SHEARS)

,but there's something wrong with it, that I can't figure out. Somebody can have a look at it?

(It's in a if statement, and without it works, but not how I want it to.)

Thanks!

Edited by Legenes
procedure WakeMeUp(Integer plusTime);
var
  I: Integer;
begin
  for I := 0 to plusTime do begin
    println('One more minute!');
    Sleep(1000);
  end;
  println('Okay, nothing to worry, I''m alive!');
  println('So... somebody can give me a coffee?');
  println('I know it''s Pascal, and not Java, but I love it :D.');
end;

This won't work because the item you're comparing it to isn't the exact pair of shears Minecraft has in mind.

You could try using the keyword "instanceof", or there's probably a smarter, Forge-friendly way of doing it that I don't know about.

2 minutes ago, mirk said:

This won't work because the item you're comparing it to isn't the exact pair of shears Minecraft has in mind.

You could try using the keyword "instanceof", or there's probably a smarter, Forge-friendly way of doing it that I don't know about.

This is not true, all Items are singletons(there is only one shears).

31 minutes ago, Legenes said:

Somebody can have a look at it?

You are comparing and ItemStack to an Item you need to call ItemStack#getItem on your getItemInMainHand

VANILLA MINECRAFT CLASSES ARE THE BEST RESOURCES WHEN MODDING

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

Forge and vanilla BlockState generator.

6 minutes ago, mirk said:

What? Items are singletons.

34 minutes ago, Legenes said:

worldIn.getClosestPlayer(pos.getX(), pos.getY(), pos.getZ(), 10, false).getHeldItemMainhand().equals(Items.SHEARS)

EntityPlayer#getHeldItemMainhand returns an ItemStack. Items.SHEARS is an Item. ItemStack != Item. Use ItemStack#getItem

EDIT: Animefan8888 was a second faster I guess :D

Edited by V0idWa1k3r

1 minute ago, Animefan8888 said:

This is not true, all Items are singletons(there is only one shears).

You are comparing and ItemStack to an Item you need to call ItemStack#getItem on your getItemInMainHand

1 minute ago, V0idWa1k3r said:

What? Items are singletons.

EntityPlayer#getHeldItemMainhand returns an ItemStack. Items.SHEARS is an Item. ItemStack != Item.

Oh, my bad! I'm still very new to this. I'll stick to asking questions and lurking. ?

Ok, thank you, it was my fault. But how can I show the help in the IDE? (I use Intellij Idea)

EDIT: Oh, I found it, thanks anyway :D.

Edited by Legenes
procedure WakeMeUp(Integer plusTime);
var
  I: Integer;
begin
  for I := 0 to plusTime do begin
    println('One more minute!');
    Sleep(1000);
  end;
  println('Okay, nothing to worry, I''m alive!');
  println('So... somebody can give me a coffee?');
  println('I know it''s Pascal, and not Java, but I love it :D.');
end;

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements