[1.12.2] Is there a way to up the amount of spawned ore (Aluminum) or change its spawn height?

Axart

Hi,
first of all, I would like to apologize if this topic doesn't fit this forum, but I'm tired of searching elsewhere and I hope I can get an answer here.

So, I'm creating a mod-pack and I've encountered a big problem - since Tinker's Construct doesn't add Aluminum anymore, there's a shortage of it in my worlds for some reason, even though there are other mods that are meant to solve the aluminum shortage. I spent some time browsing various websites - wikis and forums, but I couldn't find a good answer (or I didn't understand them enough). I understood, however, that Thermal Expansion should add aluminum into the game, but I have yet to find some.
First, I dug through the config files, but found nothing that could up the amount of ores that are spawning. Then I started up my mod-pack, created a new world and dug down, until I found a cave. I explored it and found out that the only aluminum that is spawning, is the one from the mod called Galacticraft. Also, because I've been playing survival (in this mod-pack) for a bit, I'm sure that aluminum doesn't spawn from y:256 to at least y:40, which is weird, considering its supposed rarity (it should spawn at almost any height). Aluminum is something that's really needed, not only in the early-game, but it's also one of the most important entry-ores in Galacticraft.

I'm not a "wizard" when it comes to mods, coding, etc., but, as the title of this topic suggest, I would like to know if there is a way to up the amount of ore that's being spawned. I would be delighted if there is a way to change the height aluminum spawns at.
I've attached my mods folder and my config folder (so that it's clear what is configurable).

Thank you for your time and effort.
01.thumb.png.d1a9a958104b7df7d2705275a2cab7ba.png02.thumb.png.96b03f3cd5f1d19edeb282733ee1f394.png

Edited by Axart

In config/cofh/world you can mess with the ore generation of some mods. Thermal expansion is one of them.

VANILLA MINECRAFT CLASSES ARE THE BEST RESOURCES WHEN MODDING

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

Forge and vanilla BlockState generator.

1 minute ago, Animefan8888 said:

In config/cofh/world you can mess with the ore generation of some mods. Thermal expansion is one of them.

Yes, I've gathered that from the various websites I searched through. However, I would like to know *precisely* what to do. As I said, I'm not a coding wizard (and also, I'm sick of spending hours in configs just to fix this).
Thanks anyway ?

1 minute ago, Axart said:

Yes, I've gathered that from the various websites I searched through. However, I would like to know *precisely* what to do. As I said, I'm not a coding wizard (and also, I'm sick of spending hours in configs just to fix this).
Thanks anyway ?

Can you post what your 01_thermalfoundation_ores,json looks like?

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

1 minute ago, Axart said:

Yours doesn't have an aluminum part in it, this is what the aluminum part I have looks like.

Spoiler

"aluminum": {
			"distribution": "uniform",
			"generator": {
				"block": {"name": "thermalfoundation:ore", "metadata": 4, "weight": 100},
				"material": "minecraft:stone",
				"cluster-size": 4
			},
			"cluster-count": 8,
			"min-height": 48,
			"max-height": 72,
			"retrogen": "true",
			"biome": "all",
			"dimension": {
				"restriction": "blacklist",
				"value": [
				]
			}
		},

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Animefan8888 said:

Yours doesn't have an aluminum part in it, this is what the aluminum part I have looks like.

Hide contents

"aluminum": {
			"distribution": "uniform",
			"generator": {
				"block": {"name": "thermalfoundation:ore", "metadata": 4, "weight": 100},
				"material": "minecraft:stone",
				"cluster-size": 4
			},
			"cluster-count": 8,
			"retrogen": "true",
			"biome": "all",
			"dimension": {
				"restriction": "blacklist",
				"value": [
				]
			}
		},

Ah yeah, that makes sense. Should I paste into a specific line or do I just paste it somewhere?

Just now, Axart said:

Ah yeah, that makes sense. Should I paste into a specific line or do I just paste it somewhere?

I recommend the line after "populate" {

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Animefan8888 said:

I recommend the line after "populate" {

Thanks! I appears to be working, I finally found Aluminium Ore from Thermal.
I suppose I can now freely change the height:

Just now, Axart said:

I suppose I can now freely change the height:

Correct, changing the cluster-size will change how much is in a vein and changing the cluster-count will change how many clusters in a chunk.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Animefan8888 said:

Correct, changing the cluster-size will change how much is in a vein and changing the cluster-count will change how many clusters in a chunk.

hey, sorry to be a bother and i was trying to do this as well, and i kind of messed up and somehow deleted my whole config file for Cofh, is there a way to redownload that? ive been trying  for atleast an hour by redownloading the whole cofh mod but i havent gotten that folder back yet. is it possible to? 

Edit: i ended up getting the files back but im still iffy on the finding aluminum. what text editor do you recommend? i cant seem to find one that i like

Edited by mcfalexs
new discovery

3 hours ago, mcfalexs said:

Edit: i ended up getting the files back but im still iffy on the finding aluminum. what text editor do you recommend? i cant seem to find one that i like

I use notepad++ as a text editor, but as was said just put what I posted under where it says "populate":

14 minutes ago, Animefan8888 said:

I use notepad++ as a text editor, but as was said just put what I posted under where it says "populate":

I recommend Atom or just straight using your Java IDE, on both Eclipse and IntelliJ you can install plug-ins to parse different types of files such as JSON and they can also do syntax highlighting & error checking

About Me

Spoiler

My Discord - Cadiboo#8887

My WebsiteCadiboo.github.io

My ModsCadiboo.github.io/projects

My TutorialsCadiboo.github.io/tutorials

Versions below 1.14.4 are no longer supported on this forum. Use the latest version to receive support.

When asking support remember to include all relevant log files (logs are found in .minecraft/logs/), code if applicable and screenshots if possible.

Only download mods from trusted sites like CurseForge (minecraft.curseforge.com). A list of bad sites can be found here, with more information available at stopmodreposts.org

Edit your own signature at www.minecraftforge.net/forum/settings/signature/ (Make sure to check its compatibility with the Dark Theme)

1 minute ago, Cadiboo said:

using your Java IDE, on both Eclipse and IntelliJ

They aren't programmers, they won't know what this is.

Just now, Animefan8888 said:

They aren't programmers, they won't know what this is.

Yep, sorry should have read up in the thread. Honestly computers should ship with a JSON parser built in these days

• Like 1

About Me

Spoiler

My Discord - Cadiboo#8887

My WebsiteCadiboo.github.io

My ModsCadiboo.github.io/projects

My TutorialsCadiboo.github.io/tutorials

Versions below 1.14.4 are no longer supported on this forum. Use the latest version to receive support.

When asking support remember to include all relevant log files (logs are found in .minecraft/logs/), code if applicable and screenshots if possible.

Only download mods from trusted sites like CurseForge (minecraft.curseforge.com). A list of bad sites can be found here, with more information available at stopmodreposts.org

Edit your own signature at www.minecraftforge.net/forum/settings/signature/ (Make sure to check its compatibility with the Dark Theme)