onFuelBurned event

Desharin

Hello!

So I was looking into making my mod do something when a fuel item in a furnace is consumed.

Apparently there is currently no way to find out when a fuel item is consumed, since FurnaceFuelBurnTimeEvent is not only fired when a fuel item is consumed, but also when a fuel item is inserted into a furnace (sometimes multiple times).

(If someone knows another way to do this, please enlighten me)

Therefore, I'd like to suggest to add a new event that will fire only when a fuel item is consumed.

This event should at least contain the ItemStack and the burnTime, and maybe also the furnace tile entity so that its location can be determined.

For my personal use the event does not need to be cancelable, but this might be useful to make it very easy to prevent a fuel item from being consumed (for example for an infinite fuel item).

Other uses of this event include adding pollution when an item is burned (like my own mod), rendering special particle effects dependent on fuel item, making a furnace consume multiple fuel items at once, etc.

To be fair, probably not too many people would use this event, but it should not be too hard to implement.

Please discuss whether such an event is wanted and the best way to implement it. I'll think of whipping up some sample code in the meantime.

Cheers,

Desharin

What are you trying to do (from an end-user perspective)?

Don't PM me with questions. They will be ignored! Make a thread on the appropriate board for support.

1.12 -> 1.13 primer by williewillus.

1.7.10 and older versions of Minecraft are no longer supported due to it's age! Update to the latest version for support.

http://www.howoldisminecraft1710.today/

You mean from the perspective of me as modder?

I'm trying to add pollution to the environment when the player uses "unclean" items as fuel in a furnace.

The amount of pollution is dependent on the item used as fuel.

For this I need to have my mod add pollution the moment a fuel item is consumed.