Make Itemstack Unpickable Client Side

Coder

Out of curiosity, why would you want this client-side? Client-side only mods are usually intended to add some visual interest or other changes to user input, but I can't really imagine why a person would want to restrict themselves from being able to pick up something client side if the server otherwise is allowing other players to do so.

Check out my tutorials here: http://jabelarminecraft.blogspot.com/

12 hours ago, jabelar said:

Out of curiosity, why would you want this client-side? Client-side only mods are usually intended to add some visual interest or other changes to user input, but I can't really imagine why a person would want to restrict themselves from being able to pick up something client side if the server otherwise is allowing other players to do so.

Inventory management, specifically for stuff like mining; sometimes granite and the other stone blocks clutter inventory. Well, this might be why I am just assuming.

VANILLA MINECRAFT CLASSES ARE THE BEST RESOURCES WHEN MODDING

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

Forge and vanilla BlockState generator.

3 minutes ago, loordgek said:

no that is handed server side

why do you want to do this ??

the first thing i think of when somebody want to stuff client side is cheating/hacking

This is why:

8 hours ago, Animefan8888 said:

Inventory management, specifically for stuff like mining; sometimes granite and the other stone blocks clutter inventory. Well, this might be why I am just assuming.

2 minutes ago, loordgek said:

it is giving you (the mod user) advantage over the rest  of the server

It just makes your life a little easier, you won't gain anything from it except not waste time dropping items out of your inventory.

On 6/5/2018 at 5:55 AM, loordgek said:

it is giving you (the mod user) advantage over the rest  of the server

In this case it depends on the server. If it is a survival server that would be left up to the owner, and typically if pop is off then it would be allowed. Now if it was a factions server or UHC, that would be a different case, this would also be useful in a modpack.

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

On 6/5/2018 at 5:39 AM, Coder said:

Isn't it possible to trick the server in thinking my inventory has no space for an item?

No this is not possible, this mod would have to be on both server and client. The way picking up items works is the EntityItem checks if the item is colliding with the player and if so it will try to pick up the item. This all happens on the server and is then synced to the client.