[1.12] Forge Blockstate Item Block Model error

shane020482

Sort of not really.

1) You still need to handle the model registry via your client proxy as the event itself is client-side-only

2) You have to write the same function over and over and over

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

1 hour ago, shane020482 said:

1. This is wrong:

https://github.com/Shane2482/Deadly-World-1.10/blob/master/src/main/java/shane2482/deadlyworld/proxy/ClientProxy.java#L37

2: What do you call this? https://github.com/Shane2482/Deadly-World-1.10/blob/master/src/main/java/shane2482/deadlyworld/blocks/block_lamps.java#L77-L82

Looks like a function written over and over and over.

Now check how I did it:

One line, done. One line, done. One line, done.

Even the item I have that uses NBT data to display different icons? One line, done.

Edited by Draco18s

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

1. I never calmed it to be the best way or that it was correct just that it worked. ?

2.I thought you meant writing the function per block, yes you do need the function in each base class but thats it.

3.Just goes to show theirs more than one way to skin a cat.

4.My old mod should shows i dont like copy past i like to explore and see what all is possible. Whether right or wrong i learn and that to me is the most important part .

5.I think we should rename this thread to How many ways are there to Register Blocks 

15 minutes ago, shane020482 said:

i dont like copy past

And that's why I wrote my Easy Registry class.

I liked the simplicity of the GameRegistry from earlier versions. I realized I was going to need more than "register block, register item" but I wanted to do as little copying and pasting of things as possible.

Yea im just not that good ? maybe one day. And yes i agreed with your Easy Registry class tho i may not use it now i will be one of those things ill go back to time and again to see what you are doing and slowly learn to create my own Easy Registry. Thats how iv been learning start with a basic tutorial to learn the basics of a MC version then look at other mods that are doing what i want to do, find a method that i like and learn to create my own based off of it.