Change player speed while on server side

Curly_dev

I tried the usual:

player.capabilities.setPlayerWalkSpeed(speed);

No method for setPlayerWalkSpeed, and it's correct it doesn't have because is a EntityPlayerMP.
There is any way to change speed while being on server side? The topic is kinda scarce.

I tried:

PlayerCapabilities cap = ObfuscationReflectionHelper.getPrivateValue(EntityPlayer.class, player, "capabilities", "field_71075_bZ");

ObfuscationReflectionHelper.setPrivateValue(PlayerCapabilities.class, cap, speed,"walkSpeed", "field_73357_f");

It works as intended but the private field name changes from version to version and i would like something more maintanable(someone with forge 1.10 and i had 1.12 and the field name was the only problem).

What are my choices?

6 minutes ago, Curly_dev said:

I tried the usual:

No method for setPlayerWalkSpeed, and it's correct it doesn't have because is a EntityPlayerMP.
There is any way to change speed while being on server side? The topic is kinda scarce.

I tried:

PlayerCapabilities cap = ObfuscationReflectionHelper.getPrivateValue(EntityPlayer.class, player, "capabilities", "field_71075_bZ");

ObfuscationReflectionHelper.setPrivateValue(PlayerCapabilities.class, cap, speed,"walkSpeed", "field_73357_f");

It works as intended but the private field name changes from version to version and i would like something more maintanable(someone with forge 1.10 and i had 1.12 and the field name was the only problem).

What are my choices?

Take a look at that. im not sure if it still works in the higher versions tho.

https://github.com/Dragonisser/CobaltMod/blob/c2193858b867552420a0bd8b31dbdda05c867d3c/src/main/java/cobaltmod/handler/event/SpeedBootsHandler.java

• Thanks 1

For whoever is struggling with this like i did:

private static final UUID setSpeedUUID = UUID.fromString("015ad548-47e6-11e8-842f-0ed5f89f718b");

double speed = 0.1D;

int operations = 0; (explained below in quote)

String name = 'anything here';
IAttributeInstance movement = player.getEntityAttribute(SharedMonsterAttributes.MOVEMENT_SPEED); //Player is EntityPlayerMP or EntityPlayer

AttributeModifier setSpeedBonus = new AttributeModifier(setSpeedUUID, name, Math.abs(speed), operations);     
if(movement.getModifier(setSpeedUUID) != null) {					
  movement.removeAllModifiers();
}
movement.applyModifier(setSpeedBonus);

A modifier's operation dictates how it modifies an attribute's base value. Three operations exist:

Operation 0: Additive. Adds all of the modifiers' amounts to the current value of the attribute. For example, modifying an attribute with {Amount:2,Operation:0} and {Amount:4,Operation:0} with a Base of 3 results in 9 (3 + 2 + 4 = 9).

Operation 1: Multiplicative. Multiplies the current value of the attribute by (1 + x), where x is the sum of the modifiers' amounts. For example, modifying an attribute with {Amount:2,Operation:1} and {Amount:4,Operation:1} with a Base of 3 results in 21 (3 * (1 + 2 + 4) = 21).

Operation 2: Multiplicative. For every modifier, multiplies the current value of the attribute by (1 + x), where x is the amount of the particular modifier. Functions the same as Operation 1 if there is only a single modifier with operation 1 or 2. However, for multiple modifiers it will multiply the modifiers rather than adding them. For example, modifying an attribute with {Amount:2,Operation:2} and {Amount:4,Operation:2} with a Base of 3 results in 45 (3 * (1 + 2) * (1 + 4) = 45).[3]

The mathematical behavior is as follows: Operation 0: Increment X by Amount, Operation 1: Increment Y by X * Amount, Operation 2: Y = Y * (1 + Amount) (equivalent to Increment Y by Y * Amount). The game first sets X = Base, then executes all Operation 0 modifiers, then sets Y = X, then executes all Operation 1 modifiers, and finally executes all Operation 2 modifiers.

Edited by Curly_dev
Forgot extra code
  • Like 1