Recipe Help

xTekBlue

Milk Buckets use the Container Item functionality.

That should work for most recipes.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

It worked on one recipes, sorry. This is my code for another, I'm trying to make it check the container item to see if its a "Ingot_Saw" and if so give the player a "Broken_Saw"

package xtekblue.mod.objects.items;

import net.minecraft.creativetab.CreativeTabs;
import net.minecraft.entity.player.EntityPlayer;
import net.minecraft.init.Items;
import net.minecraft.item.Item;
import net.minecraft.item.ItemStack;
import net.minecraft.world.World;
import xtekblue.mod.init.ItemInit;

public class OIBase extends ItemBase {

public Boolean hasContainerNow = this.hasContainerItem(new ItemStack(ItemInit.INGOT_SAW));

public OIBase(String name) {
		super(name);

setCreativeTab(CreativeTabs.MATERIALS);
	}

@Override
    public void onCreated(ItemStack stack, World worldIn, EntityPlayer playerIn) {
		if(hasContainerNow == true) {
			playerIn.inventory.add(1, new ItemStack(ItemInit.BROKEN_SAW));
		}
    }

}

Should this not work?

Absolutely not.

You need to override hasContainerItem and getContainerItem in your Saw class.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

"Broken_Saw" and "Ingot_Saw" are two different items, yes?

They're different instances of the class, you can distinguish them.

Or are they the same instance, with different damage?

You can still distinguish them.

In either case, storing the return of the default implementation of hasContainerItem (return false) in the class is never ever going to do what you want.

Edited by Draco18s

i have changed the code a bit, and what i'm making in all. I'm now attempting to not have a "Broken_Saw" but instead have a durability on the saw itself and when it breaks its gone. Do you have any idea what i should do to make durability go down per use in crafting table? Also allowing the crafting of a item to be made with a item with durability?

Edited by xTekBlue

1 hour ago, Draco18s said:

You need to override hasContainerItem and getContainerItem in your Saw class.

Edited by Draco18s

import java.util.Set;

import com.google.common.collect.Sets;

import net.minecraft.block.Block;
import net.minecraft.block.material.Material;
import net.minecraft.block.state.IBlockState;
import net.minecraft.init.Blocks;
import net.minecraft.item.ItemTool;
import net.minecraft.item.Item.ToolMaterial;
import net.minecraft.item.ItemShears;
import net.minecraft.util.EnumActionResult;
import net.minecraft.util.EnumFacing;
import net.minecraft.util.EnumHand;
import net.minecraft.util.math.BlockPos;
import xtekblue.mod.Main;
import xtekblue.mod.util.IHasModel;

public class SawBase extends ItemTool implements IHasModel {

private static final Set<Block> EFFECTIVE_ON = Sets.newHashSet(Blocks.PLANKS, Blocks.BOOKSHELF, Blocks.LOG, Blocks.LOG2, Blocks.CHEST, Blocks.PUMPKIN, Blocks.LIT_PUMPKIN, Blocks.MELON_BLOCK, Blocks.LADDER, Blocks.WOODEN_BUTTON, Blocks.WOODEN_PRESSURE_PLATE);

public SawBase(String name, ToolMaterial materialIn) {
        super(materialIn, EFFECTIVE_ON);
        setUnlocalizedName(name);
        setRegistryName(name);
        setCreativeTab(CreativeTabs.TOOLS);

ItemInit.ITEMS.add(this);
	}

@Override
	public void registerModels() {
		Main.proxy.registerItemRenderer(this, 0, "inventory");
	}

@Override
    public ItemStack getContainerItem(ItemStack itemStack) {
        if (!hasContainerItem(itemStack))
        {
            return ItemStack.EMPTY;
        }
        return new ItemStack(getContainerItem());
    }

@Override
    public boolean hasContainerItem(ItemStack stack) {
        return hasContainerItem();
    }
}

but that's not the problem now. I am not using container item anymore, i am attempting to allow a items damage to go down per use in crafting table and allow damage values in the recipes.

I have never used that before, but my best guess is you'd need to just make the itemstack you are returning from getContainerItem to be 1 less durability than the itemstack parameter... or else no durability loss will occur. Also is the if statement necessary?

@Override
        {
            return ItemStack.EMPTY;
        }
    }

@Override
    public boolean hasContainerItem(ItemStack stack) {
        return hasContainerItem();
    }

I'd just have getContainerItem return the item -1 durability & hasContainerItem to true

Edited by Burpingdog1

So close. So very close.

57 minutes ago, Burpingdog1 said:

How is this supposed to return the same item with 1 more damage? You never pass in the original item stack so how do you know what the damage is?

58 minutes ago, Burpingdog1 said:

This is pointless. getContainerItem isn't called unless hasContainerItem returns true already.

59 minutes ago, Burpingdog1 said:

getContainerItem(ItemStack itemStack)

Oh look, the original item stack.

Call damageItem() on it and return it (though you should probably clone it first...).

10 hours ago, Draco18s said:

So close. So very close.

How is this supposed to return the same item with 1 more damage? You never pass in the original item stack so how do you know what the damage is?

This is pointless. getContainerItem isn't called unless hasContainerItem returns true already.

Call damageItem() on it and return it (though you should probably clone it first...).

Okay, i did what u said i believe but in a different way. This makes it work perfectly. But the recipe calls for a full durability item, how do i get around this?

import java.util.Set;

import net.minecraft.util.ResourceLocation;

public class SawBase extends ItemBase {

private ItemStack ITEMSAW = new ItemStack(ItemInit.INGOT_SAW);

public SawBase(String name) {
		super(name);

setMaxDamage(5);
        setContainerItem(this);
	}

@Override
    public boolean isDamageable(){
        return true;
    }

@Override
	public boolean hasContainerItem(ItemStack itemStack) {
		return true;
	}

@Override
		if(itemStack.getMaxDamage() == itemStack.getItemDamage()) {
			return (ItemStack) null;
		} else {
			ItemStack newItemStack = itemStack.copy();
			newItemStack.setItemDamage(itemStack.getItemDamage() + 1);
			return newItemStack;
		}
	}
}

Edited by xTekBlue

The problem right now is i cant add a recipe with a item using

"OreDictionary.WILDCARD_VALUE"

as the damage. The current

"GameRegistry.addShapelessRecipe"

does not work or i don't understand it at all. It calls for 2 ResourceLocations "Name" and "Group" and i have no idea where those are or what they are.

2 hours ago, xTekBlue said:

The problem right now is i cant add a recipe with a item using

"OreDictionary.WILDCARD_VALUE"

as the damage. The current

"GameRegistry.addShapelessRecipe"

does not work or i don't understand it at all. It calls for 2 ResourceLocations "Name" and "Group" and i have no idea where those are or what they are.

"OreDictionary.WILDCARD_VALUE" is a string, not a number, and it can't be parsed as a number. Duh.

You either need need to use "forge:ore_shapeless" as your recipe type or use "data": 32767

Thank you for all the insight you have gave me both Draco and BurpingDog. I just used 

GameRegistry.addShapelessRecipe(new ResourceLocation("xi:obsidian_ingot"), new ResourceLocation("xi:obsidian_ingot"), new ItemStack(ItemInit.OBSIDIAN_INGOT, 2), new Ingredient[]{Ingredient.fromStacks(new ItemStack(ItemInit.INGOT_SAW, 1, OreDictionary.WILDCARD_VALUE)), Ingredient.fromStacks(new ItemStack(Blocks.OBSIDIAN, 1))});

with resourcelocations that i have seen in a video i watched about GameRegistry xD. I'm sure this is not what u should put as the resourcelocations but eh, it works. now i just have to destroy the item when it has 0 durability and u craft once more.

EDIT

I'm just gonna post my crash report here and see if someone can help me solve it. This crash occurs when i use a tool, "SAW" with a durability of "0" in a crafting table to craft another item. It should just remove the item from the crafting table (Like as if it broke) but instead it just crashes.

CRASH REPORT

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// Hi. I'm Minecraft, and I'm a crashaholic.

Time: 4/22/18 5:33 PM
Description: Updating screen events

java.lang.NullPointerException: Updating screen events
	at net.minecraftforge.common.ForgeHooks.getContainerItem(ForgeHooks.java:1013)
	at net.minecraft.item.crafting.ShapelessRecipes.getRemainingItems(ShapelessRecipes.java:57)
	at net.minecraft.item.crafting.CraftingManager.getRemainingItems(CraftingManager.java:231)
	at net.minecraft.inventory.SlotCrafting.onTake(SlotCrafting.java:89)
	at net.minecraft.inventory.Container.slotClick(Container.java:328)
	at net.minecraft.client.multiplayer.PlayerControllerMP.windowClick(PlayerControllerMP.java:610)
	at net.minecraft.client.gui.inventory.GuiContainer.handleMouseClick(GuiContainer.java:693)
	at net.minecraft.client.gui.inventory.GuiCrafting.handleMouseClick(GuiCrafting.java:166)
	at net.minecraft.client.gui.inventory.GuiContainer.mouseClicked(GuiContainer.java:430)
	at net.minecraft.client.gui.inventory.GuiCrafting.mouseClicked(GuiCrafting.java:124)
	at net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiScreen.handleMouseInput(GuiScreen.java:611)
	at net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiScreen.handleInput(GuiScreen.java:576)
	at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.runTick(Minecraft.java:1884)
	at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.runGameLoop(Minecraft.java:1186)
	at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:441)
	at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(Main.java:118)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:135)
	at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)
	at net.minecraftforge.gradle.GradleStartCommon.launch(GradleStartCommon.java:97)
	at GradleStart.main(GradleStart.java:25)

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Head --
Thread: Client thread
Stacktrace:
	at net.minecraftforge.common.ForgeHooks.getContainerItem(ForgeHooks.java:1013)
	at net.minecraft.item.crafting.ShapelessRecipes.getRemainingItems(ShapelessRecipes.java:57)
	at net.minecraft.item.crafting.CraftingManager.getRemainingItems(CraftingManager.java:231)
	at net.minecraft.inventory.SlotCrafting.onTake(SlotCrafting.java:89)
	at net.minecraft.inventory.Container.slotClick(Container.java:328)
	at net.minecraft.client.multiplayer.PlayerControllerMP.windowClick(PlayerControllerMP.java:610)
	at net.minecraft.client.gui.inventory.GuiContainer.handleMouseClick(GuiContainer.java:693)
	at net.minecraft.client.gui.inventory.GuiCrafting.handleMouseClick(GuiCrafting.java:166)
	at net.minecraft.client.gui.inventory.GuiContainer.mouseClicked(GuiContainer.java:430)
	at net.minecraft.client.gui.inventory.GuiCrafting.mouseClicked(GuiCrafting.java:124)
	at net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiScreen.handleMouseInput(GuiScreen.java:611)
	at net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiScreen.handleInput(GuiScreen.java:576)

-- Affected screen --
Details:
	Screen name: net.minecraft.client.gui.inventory.GuiCrafting

-- Affected level --
Details:
	Level name: MpServer
	All players: 1 total; [EntityPlayerSP['Player164'/79, l='MpServer', x=496.65, y=4.00, z=-87.31]]
	Chunk stats: MultiplayerChunkCache: 552, 552
	Level seed: 0
	Level generator: ID 01 - flat, ver 0. Features enabled: false
	Level generator options: 
	Level spawn location: World: (495,4,-96), Chunk: (at 15,0,0 in 30,-6; contains blocks 480,0,-96 to 495,255,-81), Region: (0,-1; contains chunks 0,-32 to 31,-1, blocks 0,0,-512 to 511,255,-1)
	Level time: 224277 game time, 224277 day time
	Level dimension: 0
	Level storage version: 0x00000 - Unknown?
	Level weather: Rain time: 0 (now: false), thunder time: 0 (now: false)
	Level game mode: Game mode: creative (ID 1). Hardcore: false. Cheats: false
	Forced entities: 37 total; [EntityHorse['Horse'/5, l='MpServer', x=426.67, y=4.00, z=-160.83], EntityHorse['Horse'/9, l='MpServer', x=443.89, y=4.00, z=-165.92], EntitySheep['Sheep'/10, l='MpServer', x=434.79, y=4.00, z=-164.24], EntityHorse['Horse'/12, l='MpServer', x=436.16, y=4.00, z=-159.88], EntitySheep['Sheep'/13, l='MpServer', x=434.70, y=4.00, z=-141.83], EntityPig['Pig'/14, l='MpServer', x=436.81, y=4.00, z=-106.77], EntityPig['Pig'/15, l='MpServer', x=444.50, y=4.00, z=-83.49], EntityHorse['Horse'/19, l='MpServer', x=461.12, y=4.00, z=-150.88], EntityPig['Pig'/20, l='MpServer', x=453.38, y=4.00, z=-102.71], EntityPig['Pig'/21, l='MpServer', x=462.46, y=4.00, z=-94.67], EntityChicken['Chicken'/22, l='MpServer', x=452.86, y=4.00, z=-67.28], EntityItem['item.item.egg'/23, l='MpServer', x=460.91, y=4.00, z=-62.86], EntityPlayerSP['Player164'/79, l='MpServer', x=496.65, y=4.00, z=-87.31], EntityChicken['Chicken'/24, l='MpServer', x=450.88, y=4.00, z=-29.36], EntityChicken['Chicken'/25, l='MpServer', x=450.66, y=4.00, z=-32.18], EntityItem['item.item.egg'/26, l='MpServer', x=451.36, y=4.00, z=-29.03], EntityPig['Pig'/27, l='MpServer', x=456.71, y=4.00, z=-12.75], EntityChicken['Chicken'/28, l='MpServer', x=448.24, y=4.00, z=-8.53], EntitySheep['Sheep'/29, l='MpServer', x=465.54, y=4.00, z=-160.71], EntitySheep['Sheep'/30, l='MpServer', x=478.43, y=4.00, z=-163.80], EntityCow['Cow'/31, l='MpServer', x=464.20, y=4.00, z=-65.44], EntityPig['Pig'/32, l='MpServer', x=471.39, y=4.00, z=-65.28], EntityChicken['Chicken'/33, l='MpServer', x=469.55, y=4.00, z=-51.15], EntityItem['item.item.egg'/34, l='MpServer', x=470.46, y=4.00, z=-50.29], EntityPig['Pig'/35, l='MpServer', x=477.69, y=4.00, z=-43.74], EntityChicken['Chicken'/36, l='MpServer', x=474.61, y=4.00, z=-31.22], EntityItem['item.item.egg'/37, l='MpServer', x=468.59, y=4.00, z=-29.29], EntityItem['item.item.egg'/38, l='MpServer', x=473.77, y=4.00, z=-30.32], EntityChicken['Chicken'/44, l='MpServer', x=486.79, y=4.00, z=-47.13], EntityItem['item.item.egg'/45, l='MpServer', x=486.57, y=4.00, z=-47.66], EntitySheep['Sheep'/46, l='MpServer', x=506.75, y=4.00, z=-39.23], EntitySheep['Sheep'/47, l='MpServer', x=510.77, y=4.00, z=-25.84], EntityCow['Cow'/48, l='MpServer', x=517.23, y=4.00, z=-121.53], EntityHorse['Horse'/49, l='MpServer', x=518.97, y=4.00, z=-33.91], EntitySheep['Sheep'/50, l='MpServer', x=514.91, y=4.00, z=-28.99], EntityCow['Cow'/53, l='MpServer', x=534.25, y=4.00, z=-77.84], EntityChicken['Chicken'/58, l='MpServer', x=570.62, y=4.00, z=-26.90]]
	Retry entities: 0 total; []
	Server brand: fml,forge
	Server type: Integrated singleplayer server
Stacktrace:
	at net.minecraft.client.multiplayer.WorldClient.addWorldInfoToCrashReport(WorldClient.java:461)
	at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.addGraphicsAndWorldToCrashReport(Minecraft.java:2885)
	at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:462)
	at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(Main.java:118)
	at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:135)
	at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)
	at net.minecraftforge.gradle.GradleStartCommon.launch(GradleStartCommon.java:97)
	at GradleStart.main(GradleStart.java:25)

-- System Details --
Details:
	Minecraft Version: 1.12.2
	Operating System: Windows 10 (amd64) version 10.0
	Java Version: 1.8.0_162, Oracle Corporation
	Java VM Version: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
	Memory: 1808982584 bytes (1725 MB) / 2112618496 bytes (2014 MB) up to 3186360320 bytes (3038 MB)
	JVM Flags: 3 total; -Xincgc -Xmx3072M -Xms2048M
	IntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 0, allocated: 0, tallocated: 0
	FML: MCP 9.42 Powered by Forge 14.23.3.2655 5 mods loaded, 5 mods active
	States: 'U' = Unloaded 'L' = Loaded 'C' = Constructed 'H' = Pre-initialized 'I' = Initialized 'J' = Post-initialized 'A' = Available 'D' = Disabled 'E' = Errored

| State     | ID        | Version      | Source                           | Signature |
	|:--------- |:--------- |:------------ |:-------------------------------- |:--------- |
	| UCHIJAAAA | minecraft | 1.12.2       | minecraft.jar                    | None      |
	| UCHIJAAAA | mcp       | 9.42         | minecraft.jar                    | None      |
	| UCHIJAAAA | FML       | 8.0.99.99    | forgeSrc-1.12.2-14.23.3.2655.jar | None      |
	| UCHIJAAAA | forge     | 14.23.3.2655 | forgeSrc-1.12.2-14.23.3.2655.jar | None      |
	| UCHIJAAAA | xi        | 1.0.0        | bin                              | None      |

Loaded coremods (and transformers): 
	GL info: ' Vendor: 'NVIDIA Corporation' Version: '4.6.0 NVIDIA 388.13' Renderer: 'GeForce GT 730/PCIe/SSE2'
	Launched Version: 1.12.2
	LWJGL: 2.9.4
	OpenGL: GeForce GT 730/PCIe/SSE2 GL version 4.6.0 NVIDIA 388.13, NVIDIA Corporation
	GL Caps: Using GL 1.3 multitexturing.
Using GL 1.3 texture combiners.
Using framebuffer objects because OpenGL 3.0 is supported and separate blending is supported.
Shaders are available because OpenGL 2.1 is supported.
VBOs are available because OpenGL 1.5 is supported.

Using VBOs: Yes
	Is Modded: Definitely; Client brand changed to 'fml,forge'
	Type: Client (map_client.txt)
	Resource Packs: 
	Current Language: English (US)
	Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)
	CPU: 4x AMD FX(tm)-4300 Quad-Core Processor 

SAW CLASS

import java.util.Set;

import net.minecraft.util.ResourceLocation;

public class SawBase extends ItemBase {

private ItemStack ITEMSAW = new ItemStack(ItemInit.INGOT_SAW);

public SawBase(String name) {
		super(name);

setMaxDamage(4);
        setContainerItem(this);
	}

@Override
    public boolean isDamageable(){
        return true;
    }

@Override
	public boolean hasContainerItem(ItemStack itemStack) {
		return true;
	}

@Override
		if(itemStack.getMaxDamage() == itemStack.getItemDamage()) {
			return (ItemStack) null;
		} else {
			ItemStack newItemStack = itemStack.copy();
			newItemStack.setItemDamage(itemStack.getItemDamage() + 1);
			return newItemStack;
		}
	}
}

REGISTRY FUNCTION

public static void otherRegistries() {
		GameRegistry.addShapelessRecipe(new ResourceLocation("xi:obsidian_ingot"), new ResourceLocation("xi:obsidian_ingot"), new ItemStack(ItemInit.OBSIDIAN_INGOT, 2), new Ingredient[]{Ingredient.fromStacks(new ItemStack(ItemInit.INGOT_SAW, 1, OreDictionary.WILDCARD_VALUE)), Ingredient.fromStacks(new ItemStack(Blocks.OBSIDIAN, 1))});
	}

17 hours ago, Draco18s said:

So close. So very close.

yeah was referring to his code, prob shouldn't have posted it but I didn't want to just give him the code either