Property Direction not found in block

MinecraftMart

I am getting an error when I try to make a block one which can have rotating sides.

This is the error:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Cannot get property PropertyDirection{name=facing, clazz=class net.minecraft.util.EnumFacing, values=[north, south, west, east]} as it does not exist in BlockStateContainer{block=null, properties=[type]}
	at net.minecraft.block.state.BlockStateContainer$StateImplementation.getValue(BlockStateContainer.java:204)
	at com.mart.solar.common.blocks.BlockMenhir.getMetaFromState(BlockMenhir.java:139)
	at net.minecraft.block.Block.setHarvestLevel(Block.java:2267)
	at net.minecraft.block.Block.setHarvestLevel(Block.java:2249)
	at com.mart.solar.common.blocks.BlockMenhir.<init>(BlockMenhir.java:44)
	at com.mart.solar.common.registry.ModBlocks.registerBlocks(ModBlocks.java:63)
	at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler_15_ModBlocks_registerBlocks_Register.invoke(.dynamic)
	at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler.invoke(ASMEventHandler.java:90)
	at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.eventhandler.EventBus$1.invoke(EventBus.java:143)
	at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.eventhandler.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:179)
	at net.minecraftforge.registries.GameData.fireRegistryEvents(GameData.java:736)
	at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.Loader.preinitializeMods(Loader.java:603)
	at net.minecraftforge.fml.client.FMLClientHandler.beginMinecraftLoading(FMLClientHandler.java:270)
	at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.init(Minecraft.java:513)
	at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:421)
	at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(Main.java:118)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
	at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:135)
	at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
	at net.minecraftforge.gradle.GradleStartCommon.launch(GradleStartCommon.java:97)
	at GradleStart.main(GradleStart.java:26)

This is the class:

https://pastebin.com/L7aVvS3U

And this is my BlockEnum

https://pastebin.com/2MZpsqwz

If there is more info needed. My project:

https://github.com/Martacus/Solar

I hope someone can help me. I know what lines errors. I just cant figure out how I can give the blockstates the properties it needs before that happens.

Edited by MinecraftMart
Line which wasnt supposed to be in

Well you're trying to get/set a FACING property, but your block does not declare a FACING property in its BlockStateContainer (this is what the error is saying, at least...along with the block being null, what the hell?).

Looking over your code...

Your BlockEnum class declares how to handle the creation of the BlockStateContainer for the enum via the realStateContainer field, but your BlockMenhir class gives no fucks about this field and declares its own BlockStateContainer as only having a FACING property.

You've done something terrifyingly wrong, and I can't quite figure out what.

Edited by Draco18s

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

I think i kind of figured it out. It was always creating a BlockStateContainer without the Facing property. I overrid  the method 

createStateContainer

and added both Properties. Right now it seems to ask me for an updated json with all the faces so it might have worked.

Edited by MinecraftMart