Tutorial for applying models to blocks in 1.12.2?

cowlegs

Hi, I've been looking for a little while and can't find this specific tutorial anywhere (I'm using eclipse O2 for minecraft forge 1.12.2)! Can somebody point me in the direction of any of they know of?

Would be much appreciated! (If you're unsure of what I mean by 'block models' since I'm not entirely sure that's the proper terminology, an example would be things like a wooden fence-post block.)

I looked at lots of the vanilla jsons, and also played around with Blockbench (www.blockbench.net) to create some models.

I wouldn't say I'm good at it, or could write a tutorial, but messing with it definitely gives insight into how it works! :)

I still haven't started playing with models that connect like the fence, if that's more specific to what you're doing, lots of tinkering and google/forum searching is how I'd do it lol

22 hours ago, Ugdhar said:

I looked at lots of the vanilla jsons, and also played around with Blockbench (www.blockbench.net) to create some models.

I wouldn't say I'm good at it, or could write a tutorial, but messing with it definitely gives insight into how it works! :)

I still haven't started playing with models that connect like the fence, if that's more specific to what you're doing, lots of tinkering and google/forum searching is how I'd do it lol

I'm looking for stand-alone models like a head block, I suppose a fence was a bad example for what I'm looking to do since I'm not wanting them to connect together or anything :)

I'll take another look at the JSON files for varied block models and see if I can make any sense of it.

14 hours ago, Kristopher_RAS said:

On this channel, there is a lot of tutorials  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUAawSqNFBEj-bxguJyJL9g

I was hoping for something more instruction based rather than a video tutorial since I feel that it helps me learn quicker, thanks though.