Running two seperate Eclipse Projects at the same time

NovaViper

Hi, I just recently set up my workspace to feature multiple projects (in their respective folders) and I am wondering how I can get these two protects not only to run simultaneously, but also be able to use code from each other (i.e. I use methods from Project 1 to create a creature in Project 2 and so on.). I used this video by LexManos in order to setup everything, but I haven't been able to figure out how to make Eclipse accomplish these two tasks. Any idea what I can do?

Main Developer and Owner of Zero Quest

Visit the Wiki for more information

If I helped anyone, please give me a applaud and a thank you!

On 5-3-2018 at 6:29 AM, NovaViper said:

It doesn't seem to be the same setup as Lex has done however

No maybe not :p.

But i do personally prefer this cuss it keeps every project separate (NOTE: i even go this far that i keep all MC/Forge separate also),

but still you can edit/create all the projects from the same base folder with sub-folders.

And if you make you Gradle setup multi-project also you can build all/or just the ones you want.

It's keeps it nice and clear not one mess with all stuff in one location(M.H.O),

but it's you that have to feel comfortable with the tools/"method off operations" you want to use.

EDIT:did you make sure that your build-path in Eclipse is properly set-up? so that you can read/edit the two ore more mods, and even test run it?

Greets Sir_titi (and sorry for late reply)

Edited by sir_titi

Always looking for new challenges, and happy to help the people where ever I can

3 hours ago, sir_titi said:

EDIT:did you make sure that your build-path in Eclipse is properly set-up? so that you can read/edit the two ore more mods, and even test run it?

Greets Sir_titi (and sorry for late reply)

I'm not sure how to make both projects run at the same time

On 7-3-2018 at 11:48 PM, NovaViper said:

I'm not sure how to make both projects run at the same time

Well to keep it "simple" :p.

Let's say project A needs project B, than the build-path of A would have the project added to it's build-path B

(right click your project in Eclipse open the build-path "configure build-path", then go to tab projects and add your B 'core' mod to the build path of A) that's not all you have to do :p. (this is to be able to code 'dependency')

You will now have to edit the run/debug click on "run/debug configuration" in there you have to go to tab "Class-path" and simply add the projects and you can run them all :).

Hope this helps you some how it's not that hard.

5aa3f66525ce6_eclipseRun.png.cf45aee323f85881e2accadec0c1d35a.png

Always looking for new challenges, and happy to help the people where ever I can

1 hour ago, sir_titi said:

You will now have to edit the run/debug click on "run/debug configuration" in there you have to go to tab "Class-path" and simply add the projects and you can run them all :).

Hope this helps you some how it's not that hard.

5aa3f66525ce6_eclipseRun.png.cf45aee323f85881e2accadec0c1d35a.png

Which Run/Debug configuration do I change? I have one Client and one Server for each project

18 hours ago, NovaViper said:

How do I do that?

Well not that hard also :p.

Let's say you are at that menu i showed (picture), well there you see your project run/debug configurations, you could just right click the Client/Server and do "duplicate", then you can change that one that will have the 2/or more mods to the run/debug thingy. (as showed before).

Multi-mod-running.png.58b573e4da5c54134cc2962d90029743.png

24 minutes ago, sir_titi said:

Well not that hard also :p.

Let's say you are at that menu i showed (picture), well there you see your project run/debug configurations, you could just right click the Client/Server and do "duplicate", then you can change that one that will have the 2/or more mods to the run/debug thingy. (as showed before).

What about the main? What do I put for the Project variable?

5 minutes ago, NovaViper said:

Here, the Project selection under the main tab

oow well do you have your MC code in a separate project? cuss i do and the base Main project is Minecraft (kinda logical).

Meaning all the MC/Forge code is in that project and let's say mod core has only the core code+assets and my radio mod has all the radio thingy's in it's dedicated project. And if i want to run it i actually run the MC/Forge, core and my radio mod.

Just as in my picture. /\ /\

Edited by sir_titi

1 minute ago, sir_titi said:

oow well do you have your MC code in a separate project? cuss i do and the base Main project is Minecraft (kinda logical).

Meaning all the MC/Forge code is in that project and let's say mod core has only the core code+assets and my radio mod has all the radio thingy's in it's dedicated project. And if i want to run it i actually run the MC/Forge, core and my radio mod

I don't. the video I was going off of mentioned that you don't need to have a separate Minecraft Forge project

NO you don't need that, but as i said it keeps my project clear of the MC/Forge code, cuss this would mean for every project you will have, all the MC/Forge code+assets would be duplicated. And in my opinion that is foolish :P

Just now, diesieben07 said:

This shows an utter misconception about how any of this works.

Do not make a separate Forge project. Forge is a library.

Ok thanks for pointing that out :). I do know that forge is just a library that we use cuss all my mod do still reference to the library.

To be honest that's how i learned it :p.

6 hours ago, diesieben07 said:

Yes, because some dufus started this at some point. I am not sure who it was and it doesn't really matter.

Forge is a library like any other and there is no point in making a project for it. It is cached through Gradle just like any other library.

Then you think I should have the Project variable set for EclipseCore? Then have all of the projects that need it added in the classpath to run?

Edited by NovaViper