SRG Missing Mappings

jredfox

I am not 100% sure it they are in a different file but, I have found missing mappings that are not in forge but, are in mcpbot data exports here is the full list I ran a program comparing forges mcp-srg.srg and mcpbot
https://pastebin.com/psSMJNFT

Checked Missing mappings with mcp-srg.srg you can manually serch for the srg names but, they are not there the snapshot is 20171003

Since I am not sure if this is a bug or not and if all of these got fixed in latest forge so I am submitting this here

Edited by jredfox

"There are mappings in MCP bot but not in my workspace"

"I'm using 4 month old mappings!"

See the problem here? Update your mappings. Nothing to do with us.

• Haha 1

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

3 hours ago, LexManos said:

"There are mappings in MCP bot but not in my workspace"

"I'm using 4 month old mappings!"

See the problem here? Update your mappings. Nothing to do with us.

Well It appears that downloading the latest mdk and ruining a new dev didn't download anything higher then that snapshot. ran both command eclipse and setupDecompWorkspace in a new mdk. So I can't verify if anything is missing or not. I can't update the mappings if setting up up latest mdk doesn't update them for me.

Edited by jredfox

1 hour ago, jredfox said:

Well It appears that downloading the latest mdk and ruining a new dev didn't download anything higher then that snapshot. ran both command eclipse and setupDecompWorkspace in a new mdk. So I can't verify if anything is missing or not. I can't update the mappings if setting up up latest mdk doesn't update them for me.

The MCP Mappings version is completely independent of the Forge MDK version; you can set the mappings property in the minecraft block of build.gradle to change the Mappings version.

There's a snapshot version of the MCP Mappings released automatically every day, but Forge rarely updates to new Mappings versions.

Please don't PM me to ask for help. Asking your question in a public thread preserves it for people who are having the same problem in the future.

1 hour ago, Choonster said:

The MCP Mappings version is completely independent of the Forge MDK version; you can set the mappings property in the minecraft block of build.gradle to change the Mappings version.

There's a snapshot version of the MCP Mappings released automatically every day, but Forge rarely updates to new Mappings versions.

So it's forges stuff they need to update  the new mappings then? I mean I don't need them just throwing them out there that there were no srg names for them

Edited by jredfox

In your build.gradle, you should have a minecraft block:

minecraft {
    version = "1.12.2-14.23.2.2621"
    runDir = "run"
    mappings = "snapshot_20180301"
    // makeObfSourceJar = false
}

Change the mappings to a newer version, in the format yyyymmdd.

Don't PM me with questions. They will be ignored! Make a thread on the appropriate board for support.

1.12 -> 1.13 primer by williewillus.

1.7.10 and older versions of Minecraft are no longer supported due to it's age! Update to the latest version for support.

http://www.howoldisminecraft1710.today/

This brings up an important point. To update your mod/workspace you generally just update your build.gradle -- you should not be re-downloading the MDK generally. Rather every few weeks I suggest updating your build.gradle with the latest forge version as well as the mapping that you're discussing here, and rerunning the setup workspace and eclipse or idea to get all the latest stuff.

Check out my tutorials here: http://jabelarminecraft.blogspot.com/