Custom Launcher

Sunser

Hi everyone. With some friends we have been allowed to make a Minecraft server hosted by our school's server. I'm in charge of making this going well.

As we want it modded and we often update mods we're playing with, I'm currently trying to make a custom launcher, which would directly start the good version of Minecraft. It has not as purpose to be distributed to public (only students from the school would have access to this server). The Client's code will be free when finished, to show I'm not stealing any personal data. I tried to respect every conditions of use for each mod we chose, and we use Forge 1.10.2.

My problem is I have no idea how to run the game without opening the MC launcher first. I'd say when you press play it does something like "java -options -jar forge-name.jar args" but I didn't manage to get something working. By the way, I put MC files in the Launcher directory, I guess this would change something.

Can anyone please help me? It would be much appreciated !

The way I understand this is that you are trying to circumvent Minecraft's login system. Correct me if I'm wrong.

To answer your question - look at how forge does it. 

something like this

Running with arguments: [--userProperties, {}, --assetsDir, /Users/_username_/.gradle/caches/minecraft/assets, --assetIndex, 1.12, --accessToken{REDACTED}, --version, 1.12.2, --tweakClass, net.minecraftforge.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker, --tweakClass, net.minecraftforge.gradle.tweakers.CoremodTweaker]

but you would have to look much more deeply into it.

I'd say just create a modpack on ATL or similar.

Also its pretty much illegal to play a game without buying it which is what your trying to do

TL;DR

Get everyone who's playing to buy an account

About Me

Spoiler

My Discord - Cadiboo#8887

My WebsiteCadiboo.github.io

My ModsCadiboo.github.io/projects

My TutorialsCadiboo.github.io/tutorials

Versions below 1.14.4 are no longer supported on this forum. Use the latest version to receive support.

When asking support remember to include all relevant log files (logs are found in .minecraft/logs/), code if applicable and screenshots if possible.

Only download mods from trusted sites like CurseForge (minecraft.curseforge.com). A list of bad sites can be found here, with more information available at stopmodreposts.org

Edit your own signature at www.minecraftforge.net/forum/settings/signature/ (Make sure to check its compatibility with the Dark Theme)

59 minutes ago, Ugdhar said:

I believe making your own launcher is discouraged/prohibited.

Even the Twitch launcher still runs the official Minecraft launcher to run the game.

Yeah I wasn't expecting something easy ahah.

47 minutes ago, Cadiboo said:

The way I understand this is that you are trying to circumvent Minecraft's login system. Correct me if I'm wrong.

To answer your question - look at how forge does it. 

something like this

Running with arguments: [--userProperties, {}, --assetsDir, /Users/_username_/.gradle/caches/minecraft/assets, --assetIndex, 1.12, --accessToken{REDACTED}, --version, 1.12.2, --tweakClass, net.minecraftforge.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker, --tweakClass, net.minecraftforge.gradle.tweakers.CoremodTweaker]

but you would have to look much more deeply into it.

Also its pretty much illegal to play a game without buying it which is what your trying to do

TL;DR

Get everyone who's playing to buy an account

You're wrong. We don't want people who don't have bought Minecraft. I'm using Mojang API to check it.

I've also took a look at the forge json document in versions folder, and saw those lines, but I still get an error when I try to start the forge jar file. That is why I've made a post here ahah

Edited by Sunser
wan't -> wasn't

So your just trying to keep your mods always up to date?

About Me

Spoiler

Versions below 1.14.4 are no longer supported on this forum. Use the latest version to receive support.

When asking support remember to include all relevant log files (logs are found in .minecraft/logs/), code if applicable and screenshots if possible.

Only download mods from trusted sites like CurseForge (minecraft.curseforge.com). A list of bad sites can be found here, with more information available at stopmodreposts.org

Edit your own signature at www.minecraftforge.net/forum/settings/signature/ (Make sure to check its compatibility with the Dark Theme)

1 minute ago, Sunser said:

I'm trying to make a simple launcher which will do itself updates, and only launches the modded version we are using on the server.

Good Luck!

That might not be that hard to do, if its only a very simple launcher (I'm thinking command line script simple).

You might have to deobfuscate Forge's code to see how they launch it in the Dev workspace environment.

59 minutes ago, Cadiboo said:

Because ATL forces modpack updates

About Me

Spoiler

That might not be that hard to do, if its only a very simple launcher (I'm thinking command line script simple).

The difficulty for me is to find the correct java command to launch it but I've not find anything working on the web.

You might have to deobfuscate Forge's code to see how they launch it in the Dev workspace environment.

I guess you're right.

ATL forces modpack updates

Interesting. Thanks !

I'll update this if I find anything or get stuck.

• 2 weeks later...

IDK why you need to make a custom launcher to make this (if you really want to send modpack updates for your players you could make a separated application which syncs a game directory folder using a known protocol like git, then you launch the vanilla launcher to play the game).

Anyway i think making custom launchers, no matter for what purpose, you will not have any help in this forums, because its against the EULA.

9 hours ago, vpontin said:

a separated application which syncs a game directory folder using a known protocol like git

You mean illegally redistributing mods and causing the mod owners to lose potential revenue?

Just make a custom modpack and upload it to Curse. You can use the Curse/Twitch launcher to update the pack and other users can update the pack through the launcher as well. 

• Like 1

Don't PM me with questions. They will be ignored! Make a thread on the appropriate board for support.

1.12 -> 1.13 primer by williewillus.

1.7.10 and older versions of Minecraft are no longer supported due to it's age! Update to the latest version for support.

http://www.howoldisminecraft1710.today/