[1.12.1] getStateFromMeta and getActualState deprecated with no functional replacements?

KittenKoder

The two functions seem to have no replacements and the docs don't point to any. There are no tutorials that show any alternatives for 1.12, all current tutorials still use them. If they are not included, then block states don't work correctly, so am I missing something or are these deprecated just for the sake of deprecating things?

They are not deprecated per sé, rather Mojang's devs stating "don't manually call these". They are just fine to override.
This only applies to the @Deprecated methods in the Block class, AFAIK.

• Like 1

Also previously known as eAndPi.

"Pi, is there a station coming up where we can board your train of thought?" -Kronnn

Published Mods: Underworld

Handy links: Vic_'s Forge events Own WIP Tutorials.

14 hours ago, KittenKoder said:

Perhaps a sign of the influence Microsoft is having on the app

This doesn't have anything to do with Microsoft. People need to stop blaming Microsoft for the things that happened after they bought Mojang.

14 hours ago, KittenKoder said:

that is not how deprecation is to be used.

We know, we don't like it either. But you'll have to get used to that.

Don't PM me with questions. They will be ignored! Make a thread on the appropriate board for support.

1.12 -> 1.13 primer by williewillus.

1.7.10 and older versions of Minecraft are no longer supported due to it's age! Update to the latest version for support.

http://www.howoldisminecraft1710.today/

It's a perfectly valid use for deprecated. Everyone has their own code styles. Java doesn't have a proper internal or overide only annotation. So this is what we have. Deal with it.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

1 hour ago, LexManos said:

It's a perfectly valid use for deprecated. Everyone has their own code styles. Java doesn't have a proper internal or overide only annotation. So this is what we have. Deal with it.

And even if it did (and somehow enforced it), IBlockState implementations are still allowed to call it.

• Like 1

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.