Turning Abandoned Mineshaft generation off in 1.12

kingdadrules

Can someone please give me some pointers (I'm a newbie writing my first mod) to the easiest way to turn abandoned mineshaft generation off (currently using Forge Mod Loader version 14.23.1.2555 for Minecraft 1.12.2)?

Basically I don't want any mineshafts to generate in the overworld at all.

Thanks in advance

Go into the world generators and see how Minecraft does it. That's your best solution here. The current version of Forge was updated without any documentation and most of the tutorials out there are outdated to the point of breaking things. Specifically in the net.minecraft.world.gen package and subpackages. You'll likely need to add your own world generator and then register that in the list as an option for it to work, you can't override the vanilla one much.

You will need to use Reflection to switch the final booleanChunkGeneratorSettings::useMineShafts found in ChunkGeneratorOverworld::settings, which also happens to be private, so you'll need to use Reflection again to gain access to that as well.

You should do all of this during the ChunkGeneratorEvent. It is the only way to gain access to the IChunkGenerator in use by the world at the time. You need to be sure to only change the useMineShafts value once (per runtime at least) and not every time a chunk gets generated.

(Foo::Bar means that Bar is a non-static field or method in Foo)

Edited by Matryoshika

Also previously known as eAndPi.

"Pi, is there a station coming up where we can board your train of thought?" -Kronnn

Published Mods: Underworld

Handy links: Vic_'s Forge events Own WIP Tutorials.