[1.12.2] Tile entity update

Sataniq

Hello. So it seems to me, a TileEntity that implements ITickable and overrides the update() function is having some side-related issues. When I open a GUI on the client side my custom Gui class renders the background and overlays as expected. The problem arises if I make the TileEntity update check if the world.isRemote(). If I put the whole update code inside a

if (!world.isRemote())
{
}

the TileEntity seems to update just fine, but the GUI; which is pulling values from a reference to the TileEntity; seems to not be getting those values. I would very much like to only have my machine updating on the server side, and have the GUI be able to display it's power level, status etc like it does just fine with no side checking. How would you reccommend I go about fixing this issue? And an explanation as to what causes it would be appreciated, because it makes no sense to me as the values are being set and read from in a normal manner, so I would assume all the values in the TileEntity are being created as copies on both the client and server sides? Please enlighten me, it's been a long week! :P 

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.