[1.13]Read NBT of old unregistered TileEntities

ShetiPhian

With "The Flattening" in 1.13 many of my TileEntities can be removed.

A way to get the NBT data of any in the save file that are not registered would be very helpful for world porting, as the data within would be used to set the BlockState.

1.13 may already have a way to do this, as it has a a way to remap BlockStates, or a Forge developer has already though of this, but I figured mention it now so it doesn't get overlooked :)

Edited by ShetiPhian

I'm looking into ways to deal with upgrading worlds for 1.13. But honestly, it's not looking good. Vanilla's flattening code is... bad... at least for modded entries. We'll see if we can figure things out. But most likely, due to modders not providing data, and the way Vanilla code is written 1.12 worlds won't be 1.13 compatible. HOWEVER, as for your specific request. You'd want to do data fixers.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

• 1 year later...
On 12/4/2017 at 1:33 AM, LexManos said:

I'm looking into ways to deal with upgrading worlds for 1.13. But honestly, it's not looking good. Vanilla's flattening code is... bad... at least for modded entries. We'll see if we can figure things out. But most likely, due to modders not providing data, and the way Vanilla code is written 1.12 worlds won't be 1.13 compatible. HOWEVER, as for your specific request. You'd want to do data fixers.

May I ask why is Forge even trying to keep worlds compatible between such major rewrites? I understand why Vanilla does that (because they have full control over their game and they have limited amount of stuff to do), but mods will probably be incompatible anyway, at least when Mojang decides to refactor and rewrite that much code... so why bother? I myself have never successfully migrated a single modded world between versions, because mods always change versions, they always remove and add lots of stuff, many mods just don't update at all, others replace them..