Questions: Latest or Recommended/Which MC versions are supported?

JanoCraft

Hello, yesterday i was reading this forum and some people had problems with bla bla in 1.7.10, moderators answered that is not supported. But that's not my problem., i'm not using 1.7.10. My question is which MC version is supported today? And my other question, i always used Forge latest Recommended build, but i started to have some problems with mods "not compatible with the RB", for example in 1.10.2 i used 2185, but a mod requires 2316. Is the Latest version bug free and stable, no alpha, no beta? Thanks! for reading this!

Right now, everything from 1.8.9 and higher are supported on this forum. However, we strongly encourage modders to use the latest version.

As for which build to use: the release of the first recommended build is when most modders start updating their mods. After that, it's relatively safe to use the latest Forge version.

I'd say you should always use the latest recommended build, unless a mod specifies otherwise.

• Like 1

Don't PM me with questions. They will be ignored! Make a thread on the appropriate board for support.

1.12 -> 1.13 primer by williewillus.

1.7.10 and older versions of Minecraft are no longer supported due to it's age! Update to the latest version for support.

http://www.howoldisminecraft1710.today/

I see, for example, Galacticraft for 1.8.9 requires Forge 11.15.1.1764 but the RB build is 1722. In that case, i choose the Latest build or Build 1764 from the more versions tab? (Note that the RB is not compatible)

EDIT: For 1.8.9, 1.9, 1.9.4, 1.10.2, 1.11 and 1.11.2 i will use the Latest Build, but for 1.12.2 i will use the recommended because it updates every day!

Edited by JanoCraft
  • Like 1