[SOLVED][1.12.2]setupDecompWorkspace fails at :recompileMc

wjg999

mdk version: 1.12.2-14.23.0.2491

ForgeGradle 2.3-SNAPSHOT-f49079d

mapping: snapshot_20170624

pastebin of cmd window with --info --debug and --stacktrace: https://pastebin.com/w8fewsKK

I was trying to set up a workspace to start modding for 1.12.2 but the setupDecompWorkspace fails when it comes to :recompileMc

setupDevWorkspace does work.

edit:same problem persists on the latest version (1.12.2 - 14.23.0.2551)

edit2: retried with latest 1.12.2 and earliest 1.12 builds just to get the same errors. the latest 1.11.2 build works fine.

Edited by wjg999
solved problem

• 3 weeks later...

PATH/JAVA_HOME was already set to was already set to 1.8 JDK.

Deleting the .gradle/caches/minecraft/de/ did not fix the issue either like in the linked thread.

Issue remains at 1.12.2-14.23.1.2604

Edit: PATH/CLASSPATH/JAVA_HOME were set to java 1.8 JDK, with PATH/CLASSPATH set to the newest version yet JAVA_HOME was set to an older version  which caused it to not compile, thanks for helping this idiot.

Edited by wjg999

• 3 weeks later...

So I'm having the same exact problems with my installation, where the whole thing takes a dump on the recompileMC step. 

I took a look at everything that everyone has been saying, and I noticed something peculiar.

I don't have a JAVA_HOME in my environmental variables, is this a problem?

(edit) I went and looked up how to make a JAVA_HOME variable, and after I did that and set it to where my JDK was installed it still didn't work. I then looked back in my environmental variables and found that I do not have a PATH/CLASSPATH/JAVA_HOME variable. Do I need to create this as well? 

Edited by mindlessmrawesome
additional information

PATH, CLASSPATH and JAVA_HOME are 3 variables, just saying this because from your post it seems like you want to set combined name.

If you run "gradlew SetupDecompWorkspace -info" it should say "starting deamon process:" with about 4 more lines of things behind that, if you read just a bit to the right you should see "deamonArgs:" the very first thing behind that should be the path to where you have the latest JDK was.

From that you should be able to tell if its getting the correct version, I am currently using version 1.8.0_161, was using 1.8.0_132 before which was causing the problem.

If it is not the correct one, you might want to check those 3 environment variables to see if one is pointing to the wrong thing.

You can pause the scrolling and execution of the CMD window with the pause/break button if its going to fast to read.