[1.10.2] Server side - Stop server from code

oznecniV97

Hi All,

I need to stop my server based on an external text file.

E.g.:

I have a file in a folder called "server_info.txt". Now, if this file begins with "stop" I need to stop the server.

Actually I read this file using the TickHandler (TickEvent.ServerTickEvent) every x minutes but I don't know if there's a possibility to stop the server using a method like "server.stop();" (?)

Thanks.

11 hours ago, oznecniV97 said:

Hi All,

I need to stop my server based on an external text file.

E.g.:

I have a file in a folder called "server_info.txt". Now, if this file begins with "stop" I need to stop the server.

Actually I read this file using the TickHandler (TickEvent.ServerTickEvent) every x minutes but I don't know if there's a possibility to stop the server using a method like "server.stop();" (?)

Thanks.

You literally wrote "SOLVED" on your last post and now you're opening a new thread about the same topic, this time asking for explanations...

I mean all I have to say is that that's not too professional...

11 hours ago, oznecniV97 said:

"server.stop();"

Very ambiguous. You have to get the server instance first from MinecraftServer, if I'm correct. You can't just write server.stop();

That will give you an error.

I'm not too sure how to force the server to SERVER_STOP state though, never had to use that anyways...

Edited by Differentiation

I'm not really sure why you'd want this, but the method you're looking for is simple: WorldServer#getMinecraftServer() to get the MinecraftServer instance associated with the world, then MinecraftServer#stopServer() to... you know, stop it.

• Like 1

Whatever Minecraft needs, it is most likely not yet another tool tier.

8 hours ago, Differentiation said:

You literally wrote "SOLVED" on your last post and now you're opening a new thread about the same topic, this time asking for explanations...

I mean all I have to say is that that's not too professional...

This isn't the same topic.

The previous one is a topic about an action after the server stop.

This one is for stop the server based on an event.

7 hours ago, IceMetalPunk said:

I'm not really sure why you'd want this, but the method you're looking for is simple: WorldServer#getMinecraftServer() to get the MinecraftServer instance associated with the world, then MinecraftServer#stopServer() to... you know, stop it.

Thanks @IceMetalPunk for this solution.

I know, it's strange that I want to stop the server using this method, but I need it because I have a "remote" server and I need to control it without really interact with it. (I know that I didn't explain my idea, but without explain all the environment is too complex to explain just this part :S).

• 2 months later...