[1.12] Water texture in block

Terrails

I've made a custom .json model with water texture inside it, its like some kind of cage with bars and glass but for some reason if  I make the Block#getBlockLayer return TRANSLUCENT it makes the rendering weird:

wk31vr.jpg9tel9y.jpg

the left one is how it looks in the game and right is how it should actually look like.... and if I make it return CUTOUT the glass in the model isn't transparent anymore and I can't see the water.

How should I fix this?

Edited by Terrails

You can use the forge multi-layer model with the forge blockstates format, to render parts of the model in different layers. In your block, override Block#canRenderInLayer to return true for every layer which your block has. Then in the blockstates file, define the model as "forge:multi-layer". Add a "custom" tag, and inside that define each of the layers with the model to be rendered. I have an example which uses both translucent and cutout layers for different parts of the model: blockstates, block code.

• Like 2