1.12.1 recipes shown incorrectly

Erfurt

I have been fooling around with the recipe stuff, and I noticed that when I use forge:ore_shaped, it will for some recipes show incorrectly in the crafting table, the recipe works as intended, it's just not showing the correct recipe.

Example:

When I have the pattern to be like this

"pattern": [
    "#",
    "#",
    "#" ]

It will show up in the crafting table "###".

When I use the vanilla method minecraft:crafting_shaped, it shows correctly.

If I put a space before or after '#', in the pattern, it will show correctly in the crafting table.

To be clear the recipe DOES work the way it should, but when you click on the item in the recipe book, it will show up incorrect and also pull the materiasl into the incorrect places in the crafting table. It's a minor thing, but something that I believe should be looked into at some point.

I should also mention that I'm using the 1.12.1 - 14.22.1.2478 recommend build.

For reference this is one of my recipe json files that shows incorrectly. Just in case that it's actually me, who have done something wrong.

{
  "type": "forge:ore_shaped",
  "pattern": [
    "X",
    "X",
    "#"
  ],
  "key": {
      "#": {
        "type": "forge:ore_dict",
        "ore": "stickWood"
      },
      "X": {
        "item": "em:amethyst"
      }
    },
  "result": {
    "item": "em:amethyst_sword"
  }
}

If it's me who have done something wrong, then I apologize for the inconvenience.

Ah an actual bug! {Well more of an oversight}

Thanks for the report, i've fixed it. Vanilla hardcoded the size check for explicitly vanilla shaped recipes. I've abstracted that out to make it work with modded recipes.

The next build will have this fix.

https://github.com/MinecraftForge/MinecraftForge/commit/036191cd52c2901fc881a488fa595835feaa4217

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon