[1.12] /setworldspawn command

Terrails

I'm trying to get the world spawn point with World#getSpawnPoint method but it always returns the first ever spawn point, not the updated one set with /setworldspawn command, maybe the problem is to I'm respawning in the nether but I don't think thats it because when I use /spawnpoint command the EntityPlayer#getBedLocation gets updated. I think that this is a bug in forge but not sure. I tried to use EntityPlayerMP#getEntityWorld, EntityPlayer#getEntityWorld and EntityPlayerMP#getServerWorld to get the world and then use the World#getSpawnPoint method.

Edited by Terrails

Also, how are you testing this in your IDE? If you don't specify the username and password in the Eclipse run configuration then each time you load the game you are actually a different player which could cause some confusion if you were setting spawn point then saving and quitting and then running again from the IDE. Just pointing that out because I often forget this and run into trouble when testing mod code that relies on player-specific info.

Check out my tutorials here: http://jabelarminecraft.blogspot.com/

13 hours ago, diesieben07 said:

getSpawnPoint should work. Show more of your code.

I first move a player to some coordinates in nether and then use this code

world.setSpawnPoint(player.getPosition());
        System.out.println("Player Position is: " + player.getPosition() + ", and the world spawn is: " + world.getSpawnPoint());

and the player position outputs different BlockPos then world spawn point