[1.12] Item Rendering Question

ChellieH

Hi,

Apologies if this is really obvious - I am trying to learn to make mods. On the forge docs it recommends that rendering is done through client but I can't get items to render (i just get the purple and black box) using the new way of coding unless it is called in common. I'm trying to understand file structure a little more - is this something that has changed in the most recent forge updated and the docs have not caught up or have I done something wrong?

My code is here

Thanks

Chellie

7 hours ago, ChellieH said:

My code is here

You don't have any code there. main/java is missing.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

1) This is where the tutorial put it and as it worked and wasn't something I was focusing on I haven't done any further research on smelting yet.

2) This is in common because the items won't render if i put them in client - this is what led to my initial question.

Thanks

10 hours ago, ChellieH said:

1) This is where the tutorial put it and as it worked and wasn't something I was focusing on I haven't done any further research on smelting yet.

That tutorial is fucking stupid.

Recipes (crafting, smelting, brewing, etc) need to be known by the server in order to function.

I think I'll leave modding for a while and improve my general Java skills, they're clearly not as good as I thought.

Hopefully in the future I will have a better chance of recognizing when a tutorial is not very good.

Thank you for taking the time to respond to me.