Mod Rejection FML

ChaosH0

Alright, no matter what website, what topic I look at, I can't find any reason behind why my forge won't allow me to use certain mods that my buddies can use and put on a multiplayer server they can join. Some examples are Fairy Lamps and Master Chef. No matter what I do, what suggestions I try out, it seems like nothing works. The mods have been installed in the mods folder of my .minecraft folder. They are all 1.11.2, the current forge update I have, and forge's server and client are the same number. Even uninstalling Forge itself has made no difference. I didn't name the files, named the files, and I'm officially all out of ideas.

Please, I need to know if someone can help me figure out what I'm doing wrong. 

52 minutes ago, ChaosH0 said:

That is the FML log, but there's nothing about mod rejections in it. Was your connection to the server rejected in that session?

Please don't PM me to ask for help. Asking your question in a public thread preserves it for people who are having the same problem in the future.

It was. Not on that, if I went to the Mods list in minecraft itself after I logged it, it always only had 9 mods. 2-3 were encoded with the forge itself while the other 6 were NPC mod, Decocraft, and More Player Models mod. It was almost as if it didn't bother downloading the other few. 

Edited by ChaosH0

6 minutes ago, Choonster said:

That is the FML log, but there's nothing about mod rejections in it. Was your connection to the server rejected in that session?

It was. Not on that, if I went to the Mods list in minecraft itself after I logged it, it always only had 9 mods. 2-3 were encoded with the forge itself while the other 6 were NPC mod, Decocraft, and More Player Models mod. It was almost as if it didn't bother downloading the other few. 

15 minutes ago, ChaosH0 said:

Which mods weren't detected? Where did you download the mods from?

Post a screenshot of your mods directory.

Please don't PM me to ask for help. Asking your question in a public thread preserves it for people who are having the same problem in the future.

3 hours ago, Choonster said:

Which mods weren't detected? Where did you download the mods from?

Post a screenshot of your mods directory.

"C:\Users\owner\Desktop\.minecraft\mods\CustomNPCs_1.11.2(10may17).jar" 8/3/2017 10:48 PM Executable Jar File 9,948 KB
"C:\Users\owner\Desktop\.minecraft\mods\Decocraft-2.4.2_1.11.2.jar" 8/3/2017 10:48 PM Executable Jar File 13,083 KB
"C:\Users\owner\Desktop\.minecraft\mods\Fairy-Lights-Mod-1.11.2.jar" 8/3/2017 10:47 PM Executable Jar File 1,115 KB
"C:\Users\owner\Desktop\.minecraft\mods\Master_Chef_v5.0-1.11.2.jar" 8/3/2017 10:47 PM Executable Jar File 1,062 KB
"C:\Users\owner\Desktop\.minecraft\mods\MorePlayerModels_1.11.2(26jan17).jar" 8/3/2017 10:47 PM Executable Jar File 891 KB

This is the best I can do

Edited by ChaosH0

9 hours ago, ChaosH0 said:

"C:\Users\owner\Desktop\.minecraft\mods\CustomNPCs_1.11.2(10may17).jar" 8/3/2017 10:48 PM Executable Jar File 9,948 KB
"C:\Users\owner\Desktop\.minecraft\mods\Decocraft-2.4.2_1.11.2.jar" 8/3/2017 10:48 PM Executable Jar File 13,083 KB
"C:\Users\owner\Desktop\.minecraft\mods\Fairy-Lights-Mod-1.11.2.jar" 8/3/2017 10:47 PM Executable Jar File 1,115 KB
"C:\Users\owner\Desktop\.minecraft\mods\Master_Chef_v5.0-1.11.2.jar" 8/3/2017 10:47 PM Executable Jar File 1,062 KB
"C:\Users\owner\Desktop\.minecraft\mods\MorePlayerModels_1.11.2(26jan17).jar" 8/3/2017 10:47 PM Executable Jar File 891 KB

This is the best I can do

That's not the Minecraft game directory and those aren't the same file names mentioned in the log. This is where Forge is looking for mods:

[21:59:58] [Client thread/INFO] [FML/]: Searching C:\Users\owner\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\mods for mods

In future, you can follow these instructions when someone asks for a screenshot. This will be much easier to read than a photo of your monitor.

Edited by Choonster

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/5/2017 at 1:49 AM, Choonster said:

That's not the Minecraft game directory and those aren't the same file names mentioned in the log. This is where Forge is looking for mods:

In future, you can follow these instructions when someone asks for a screenshot. This will be much easier to read than a photo of your monitor.

I must apologize for not being able to respond. Things got in the way. I am also sorry to say that I'm a little confused with what you are specifically looking for.

1 hour ago, ChaosH0 said:

I must apologize for not being able to respond. Things got in the way. I am also sorry to say that I'm a little confused with what you are specifically looking for.

The game directory is C:\Users\owner\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft, but you've installed mods in C:\Users\owner\Desktop\.minecraft\mods so Forge isn't loading them.

Either install mods in C:\Users\owner\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\mods or change the game directory to C:\Users\owner\Desktop\.minecraft.

50 minutes ago, Choonster said:

The game directory is C:\Users\owner\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft, but you've installed mods in C:\Users\owner\Desktop\.minecraft\mods so Forge isn't loading them.

Either install mods in C:\Users\owner\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\mods or change the game directory to C:\Users\owner\Desktop\.minecraft.

Oh my gosh, you are a life savor. Thank you so much. That was the problem