[1.8] Cannot find my custom biome!

Arionas_MC

Just now, Arionas_MC said:

Their height is 5+random.nextInt(5)

Not the height, but the width and depth.

VANILLA MINECRAFT CLASSES ARE THE BEST RESOURCES WHEN MODDING

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

Forge and vanilla BlockState generator.

Wouldn't be surprised if your trees leaves started growing over the chunk border triggering the next chunks generation. Comment out the decoration part of your custom biome and see if you can find it. Once we know that your biome is working we can help you to get your trees working.

Btw, if you want you could upload your project to github. Forge already comes with a gitignore file and a dependency management system, so all you have to do is follow a simple tutorial on how to upload to a repository. It would make it a lot easier if I could run your code on my own device. Plus you have a backup in case something happens to your machine.

• Like 1

Here could be your advertisement!

1 hour ago, Arionas_MC said:

Their height is 5+random.nextInt(5)

Height had nothing to do with the stated problem. It is X and Z that need to be offset. 

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

1 hour ago, Jacky2611 said:

Wouldn't be surprised if your trees leaves started growing over the chunk border triggering the next chunks generation. Comment out the decoration part of your custom biome and see if you can find it. Once we know that your biome is working we can help you to get your trees working.

Btw, if you want you could upload your project to github. Forge already comes with a gitignore file and a dependency management system, so all you have to do is follow a simple tutorial on how to upload to a repository. It would make it a lot easier if I could run your code on my own device. Plus you have a backup in case something happens to your machine.

Hey, I just uploaded the src folder of my mod on github. You can find it here: https://github.com/ArionasMC/-1.8-MyBiomes-Mod

Ok, thx. Now please also upload the .gitignore, build.gradle, gradlew and gradlew.bat files to make sure that we run the same version of forge.

Once you did all that it should look something like this.

(And please don't judge me for the content of this rep. All my more recent projects are on bitbucket.)

2 hours ago, Jacky2611 said:

Ok, thx. Now please also upload the .gitignore, build.gradle, gradlew and gradlew.bat files to make sure that we run the same version of forge.

Once you did all that it should look something like this.

(And please don't judge me for the content of this rep. All my more recent projects are on bitbucket.)

I uploaded all these files but '.gitingnore', because it says:  "#Seriously guys, stop commiting this to your git repo!"

Sry, had to finish something else first.

I added an item that tells me the biomes position when I rightclick something with it and found this in just a few minutes. (changed the top_block of your biome to diamond to make it easier to see)

The problem definitely are your trees.

You can probably fix it if you check if the chunk has already been generated before you place any blocks in it. I tried to reupload the entire project (with a newer forge version, a fixed file structure and my (terrible) BiomeFinder) but it looks like github is down. I will do it as soon as possible.

Edited by Jacky2611

And what is 

while (world.isAirBlock(pos.down()) && pos.getY() > 55)
			{
				pos.subtract(new Vec3i(0, 1, 0));
			}
			if (!world.isAirBlock(pos))
				return false;

supposed to do?

I am guessing that you plan to go down from the highest block until you find on that is not air. The problem is that your pos y value is 0 at the start of the generate function.

Replace it with something like:

pos = new BlockPos(pos.getX(), world.getTopSolidOrLiquidBlock(pos).getY(), pos.getZ());