[1.12] Minecraft creating and registering items and blocks

Chuckinator

3 minutes ago, Chuckinator said:

Ok I added flashmod: to items/dark_banshee but and have it set up just like your Testmod3 but the textures are still not showing up.

56 minutes ago, Choonster said:

Post your code, any relevant JSON files and the FML log (logs/fml-client-latest.log in the game directory) using Gist or Pastebin.

Please don't PM me to ask for help. Asking your question in a public thread preserves it for people who are having the same problem in the future.

I am not good at doing that

I'm not good at diagnosing problems without information.

Uploading files to Gist/Pastebin is a very simple process, you shouldn't need to be good at it.

Please don't PM me to ask for help. Asking your question in a public thread preserves it for people who are having the same problem in the future.

I explained in detail how to upload the FML log to Gist here, you should be able to adapt these instructions to your situation.

If you're using Gist, you can upload multiple files in a single gist.

[13:43:57] [main/ERROR] [TEXTURE ERRORS/]:     The missing resources for domain flashmod are:
[13:43:57] [main/ERROR] [TEXTURE ERRORS/]:       textures/items/flash_sword.png.png
[13:43:57] [main/ERROR] [TEXTURE ERRORS/]:       textures/items/dark_banshee.png.png

Don't include the .png extension in your model texture paths, Minecraft adds it automatically.

If you've already fixed that in your models but Minecraft is still using an older version of them, rebuild your project to make sure everything is up-to-date.

3 hours ago, Chuckinator said:

Everything is up to date I am getting no errors but still no textures.

WHY WHY WHY:$

Post the FML log, the models/blockstates files and your model registration code.

Are you getting the missing model (a black and pink checkered cube with the model location overlayed on it that appears in the middle of the screen when held) or the actual model with the missing texture (a black and pink checkered pattern).

4 hours ago, Chuckinator said:

The cube. Now that stated all of that I dont think I have that texture or model registration in my code.

You need to register models for your Items (including ItemBlocks) using ModelLoader.setCustomModelResourceLocation (for metadata-based models) or ModelLoader.setCustomMeshDefinition (for arbitrary ItemStack to model mappings) in ModelRegistryEvent.

This needs to be done in a client-only class. If you use @Mod.EventBusSubscriber, pass Side.CLIENT to the annotation to prevent the class from being loaded on the physical server.

Edited by Choonster
Added missing formatting.

1 hour ago, Chuckinator said:

Is it in your testmod3?

Yes, I do my model registration in the ModModelManager class.

There are a lot of methods in there that register models, but they all boil down to one or more calls to the two ModelLoader methods.

28 minutes ago, Chuckinator said:

Thats a little advanced. Can u send me a link to registeringModels in george docs?

For simple Blocks and Items you just need to call ModelLoader.setCustomModelResourceLocation(Item, meta(typically 0, unless you are making a metadata item), ModelResourceLocation). You can get the ModelResourceLocation by creating a new instance and passing in your items registry name and the second parameter as "inventory"

VANILLA MINECRAFT CLASSES ARE THE BEST RESOURCES WHEN MODDING

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

Forge and vanilla BlockState generator.

1 minute ago, Chuckinator said:

I am getting an error with my items on line 57 and 58

https://gist.github.com/Chuckinator2020/84420fd45208f2aeab9395d834671a1b

How much Java experience do you have?

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

4 minutes ago, Chuckinator said:

A couple of years.

Then you should see what is causing those errors. And if you are using eclipse or Idea then it should tell you what is wrong.

Ok I get that but I still don't know what to put for method params.

10 hours ago, Animefan8888 said:

You can get the ModelResourceLocation by creating a new instance and passing in your items registry name and the second parameter as "inventory"

9 minutes ago, Chuckinator said:

I don't understand that part

A ModelResourceLocation is a type/class/Object, etc. To create one you need to create a new instance of it. It will want a ResourceLocation which is another type/class/Object, etc. If you call itemVar.getRegistryName() you get a ResourceLocation which can then be passed on to your new instance of ModelResourceLocation. So if you pass in an Item as a parameter into your registerItemModels method you can create a new ModelResourceLocation. In doing so you can pass that into the ModelLoader.setCustomModelResourceLocation method as a parameter.