[SOLVED][1.11.2] onBlockActivated doesn't work

IvanSteklow

Hi everyone! I have a problem with onBlockActivated event.

More about my block: This is block that gives water (Infinity Water Jar), but it doesn't work. Code:

public boolean onBlockActivated(World worldIn, BlockPos pos, IBlockState state, EntityPlayer playerIn,
			EnumHand hand, @Nullable ItemStack heldItem, EnumFacing side, float hitX, float hitY, float hitZ) {
		ItemStack itemstack = playerIn.getHeldItem(hand);

if (itemstack.isEmpty()) {
			return true;
		} else {

Item item = heldItem.getItem();

if (item == Items.BUCKET) {

itemstack.shrink(1);

playerIn.setHeldItem(hand, new ItemStack(Items.WATER_BUCKET));
				} else if (!playerIn.inventory.addItemStackToInventory(new ItemStack(Items.WATER_BUCKET))) {
					playerIn.dropItem(new ItemStack(Items.WATER_BUCKET), false);
				}

return true;
			} else if (item == Items.GLASS_BOTTLE) {

ItemStack itemstack1 = PotionUtils.addPotionToItemStack(new ItemStack(Items.POTIONITEM),
						PotionTypes.WATER);

playerIn.setHeldItem(hand, itemstack1);
				} else if (!playerIn.inventory.addItemStackToInventory(itemstack1)) {
					playerIn.dropItem(itemstack1, false);
				} else if (playerIn instanceof EntityPlayerMP) {
					((EntityPlayerMP) playerIn).sendContainerToPlayer(playerIn.inventoryContainer);
				}

return true;
			}

return false;
		}

HELP ME PLS!

Edited by IvanSteklow
Solved
  • Like 1

What happens if you put an @Override  annotation on it? 

• Like 1

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

In Eclipse, select onBlockActivated in your code, right click on it, and then pick show references.

55 minutes ago, Draco18s said:

put an @Override  annotation on it

Put @Override on absolutely every method override in every class in every mod, no exceptions or excuses. If Eclipse suggests that you remove the annotation, it means you did something else wrong (mismatched signature, or attempted to override a private or static method). If proper to override, then hammer at the method signature until Eclipse stops complaining.

The debugger is a powerful and necessary tool in any IDE, so learn how to use it. You'll be able to tell us more and get better help here if you investigate your runtime problems in the debugger before posting.

13 hours ago, Jay Avery said:

Exactly what do you expect to happen, and exactly what does?

13 hours ago, Draco18s said:

What happens if you put an @Override  annotation on it? 

13 hours ago, Kokkie said:

That method doesn't override anything... You've probably copied it from an older version because the parameters have changed.

12 hours ago, jeffryfisher said:

In Eclipse, select onBlockActivated in your code, right click on it, and then pick show references.

Put @Override on absolutely every method override in every class in every mod, no exceptions or excuses. If Eclipse suggests that you remove the annotation, it means you did something else wrong (mismatched signature, or attempted to override a private or static method). If proper to override, then hammer at the method signature until Eclipse stops complaining.

Thank you for all, I really forgot that I use new version of MC:D

Simply I have ready method from my old mod.

• Like 1