[1.8.9] Custom Door issues

blahblahbal

7 minutes ago, blahblahbal said:

I see a lot of reasons to update to 1.9. Regardless, let me merge and download the fix.

I uh... don't see a merge button on the page you linked? I've never done a merge on github before (you can probably tell).

The page I linked lets you create a Pull Request, which you can then merge.

Please don't PM me to ask for help. Asking your question in a public thread preserves it for people who are having the same problem in the future.

Alright, done that. Just loaded up the game, and the door renders now. The only issue now is that the item won't render. It displays a missing block texture, which I find odd. Is this because I have the ItemDiamondDoor file still in there? The door item shows up in JEI, but when I place that it only places the bottom half.

EDIT: Working on it now, pseudo-removed the ItemDiamondDoor class and am testing.

Edited by blahblahbal

The issue is that you're still registering an ItemBlock for the door and then registering a model for this instead of the ItemDiamondDoor instance.

I explained this in my first reply:

On 2017-5-23 at 1:33 PM, Choonster said:

Because you're using 1.8.9, GameRegistry.registerBlock automatically creates and registers an ItemBlock unless you tell it not to by calling one of the overloads with a Class<? extends ItemBlock> argument and passing null as that argument. The registry system has been overhauled in 1.9+ and ItemBlocks are no longer created automatically.

I've fixed these issues and slightly cleaned up the door registration code, you can view and/or merge the changes here.

Edited by Choonster

Please don't PM me to ask for help. Asking your question in a public thread preserves it for people who are having the same problem in the future.