1.10.2 How to add Loot tables for mobs

TheRPGAdventurer

The dragons should be using the sheared sheep loot table, since getSheared always returns true. I can't see anything that would stop them from dropping items.

Try setting a breakpoint in EntityLiving#dropLoot with the condition this instanceof EntityTameableDragon, killing a dragon and stepping through the code to see why it's not dropping anything.

If you can't figure it out, create a Git repository for your mod and link it here. See my mod and its .gitignore file for an example of the structure to use and which files to include.

Please don't PM me to ask for help. Asking your question in a public thread preserves it for people who are having the same problem in the future.

Just now, Choonster said:

The dragons should be using the sheared sheep loot table, since getSheared always returns true. I can't see anything that would stop them from dropping items.

Try setting a breakpoint in EntityLiving#dropLoot with the condition this instanceof EntityTameableDragon, killing a dragon and stepping through the code to see why it's not dropping anything.

If you can't figure it out, create a Git repository for your mod and link it here. See my mod and its .gitignore file for an example of the structure to use and which files to include.

So you're gonna help me fix it? YES! https://github.com/TheRPGAdventurer/Realm-of-the-Dragons

[14:14:08] [Server thread/WARN]: Couldn't find resource table rotd:jade
[14:14:08] [Server thread/WARN]: Couldn't find resource table rotd:sapphire
[14:14:08] [Server thread/WARN]: Couldn't find resource table rotd:garnet
[14:14:08] [Server thread/WARN]: Couldn't find resource table rotd:amethsyt
[14:14:08] [Server thread/WARN]: Couldn't find resource table rotd:ruby
[14:14:08] [Server thread/WARN]: Couldn't find resource table rotd:dragon

This message is logged by LootTableManager when it can't find or load the requested loot table. Since there are no other errors relating to loot tables in the log, I suspect that the loot table files don't exist at those locations.

33 minutes ago, TheRPGAdventurer said:

So you're gonna help me fix it? YES! https://github.com/TheRPGAdventurer/Realm-of-the-Dragons

I can only help you if you create a proper Git repository rather than putting all the files in a single RAR archive.

If you don't know how to use Git, go through this tutorial.

Edited by Choonster

Please don't PM me to ask for help. Asking your question in a public thread preserves it for people who are having the same problem in the future.

This message is logged by LootTableManager when it can't find or load the requested loot table. Since there are no other errors relating to loot tables in the log, I suspect that the loot table files don't exist at those locations.

I can only help you if you create a proper Git repository rather than putting all the files in a single RAR archive.

how do I do it? can you send me a tutorial?

1 minute ago, TheRPGAdventurer said:

how do I do it? can you send me a tutorial?

I've added a link to a tutorial to my previous post.

Edited by Choonster

11 minutes ago, TheRPGAdventurer said:

It gives me a command box now, what do I do?

It tells you what to do and what command to type in the section above the command prompt.

6 minutes ago, TheRPGAdventurer said:

i clicked wrap it up so what happens now?

If you followed the tutorial, you should understand the basics of how to use Git.

Create a Git repository in your mod's directory (where build.gradle is), add a .gitignore file to ignore the files that don't need to be in the repository (like the example I linked, which ignores everything [the first line] except the files that should be in the repository [the lines starting with an exclamation mark]), commit the changes and push them to a repository on GitHub.

Edited by Choonster
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, TheRPGAdventurer said:

It's more than a hundred files so i just gonna upload what  gonna need fixed is that ok?

It shouldn't matter how many files there are, you can use wildcards like * in the file name you pass to git add; e.g. git add * to add all files.

Just now, TheRPGAdventurer said:

Finally I found what's causing the bug. In the loot_tables file, i put an entities folder and there I put my JSON loot tables.

See Wikipedia.

You know what I loved about coding is, that you struggle for days trying to solve it and there is really just a simple solution and make you laugh about it.