[1.11.2] Editing basic terrain generation

splatterdodge

This may sound like a really basic question, but I can't seem to find anything with google searches, multiple different keywords going several pages deeper then I care to admit.

In short, how do I change the games base terrain generation? I would like to change the ore spawn frequency and vein size. My first issue is I can not seem to find how to interact with that code via forge. I feel what I want to do is straight forward and shouldn't be too hard once I know how to interact with the ore generation code; or am I just being extremely naive?

Thanks!

One question: Is this for your own ores, or for vanilla/other modded ores?

If the latter:

If you want to influence other's ores, look at the GenerateMinable event. It passes the WorldGenerator, which you can cast to WorldGenMinable, and get the state, number and predicate from.

• Like 1

Also previously known as eAndPi.

"Pi, is there a station coming up where we can board your train of thought?" -Kronnn

Published Mods: Underworld

Handy links: Vic_'s Forge events Own WIP Tutorials.

5 hours ago, jeffryfisher said:

I might just be stupid 

3 hours ago, Matryoshika said:

If you want to influence other's ores, look at the GenerateMinable event. It passes the WorldGenerator, which you can cast to WorldGenMinable, and get the state, number and predicate from.

I am trying to hastily ask this question before class, but from a few quick google searches these functions will allow me to change vein size, if they appear in a chunk, and how many veins appear in a chunk, correct?

OK, so I managed to do everything I wanted to do, for the most part. I am generating Iron in large single veins. Now I would like to be able to tell the terrain generator to skip certain chunks and to not generate a resource type in every chunk, maybe more like one in every sixty-four chunks

public class oreWorldGen implements IWorldGenerator {

private WorldGenerator gen_iron;
	@Override
	public void generate(Random random, int chunkX, int chunkZ, World world, IChunkGenerator chunkGenerator, IChunkProvider chunkprovider){
		switch (world.provider.getDimension()){
		case 0: //Overworld
			this.runGenerator(this.gen_iron, world, random, chunkX, chunkZ, 1, 10, 50);
			break;
		case -1: //nether

break;
		case 1: //end

break;
		}
	}

public oreWorldGen(){
		this.gen_iron = new WorldGenMinable(Blocks.IRON_ORE.getDefaultState(), 64);
	}

private void runGenerator(WorldGenerator generator, World world, Random rand, int chunk_X, int chunk_Z, int chancesToSpawn, int minHeight, int maxHeight){
		if (minHeight < 0 || maxHeight > 256 || minHeight > maxHeight)
			throw new IllegalArgumentException("Illegal Height Arguments for WorldGenerator");

int heightdiff = maxHeight - minHeight +1;
		for (int i=0; i<chancesToSpawn; i++){
			int x =chunk_X * 16 +rand.nextInt(16);
			int y = minHeight + rand.nextInt(heightdiff);
			int z = chunk_Z * 16 + rand.nextInt(16);
			generator.generate(world, rand, new BlockPos(x, y, z));
		}
	}

}

This is the code I have so far. Thoughts?