[1.10.2] FastTESR rendering BakedQuads oddly

Matryoshika

So, I've finally gotten models to work.
In a normal TESR, the IBakedModel rendered fine using Minecraft::renderModel, but getting the BakedQuads and adding them to the VertexBuffer in a FastTESR, doesn't really render nicely...

Anyone know why this is?

Why is the top face rendering with alpha?

Any way to render the BakedQuads without the vanilla StandardItemLightning turning the models darker than they should be?

Code can be found here.

Also previously known as eAndPi.

"Pi, is there a station coming up where we can board your train of thought?" -Kronnn

Published Mods: Underworld

Handy links: Vic_'s Forge events Own WIP Tutorials.

First, when i helped you previously i told you how to render these models without TESR. On top of that you told me you don't really like neither tile entities neither TESR. And now you are using TESR.. o_0 ??? ? ? ?

(Hint: it is using custom IBakedModel, which will also resolve current transparency issues).

Second, i am pretty sure it has to do with the render pass. Try rendering it in pass 0 instead.

6 minutes ago, Elix_x said:

Second, i am pretty sure it has to do with the render pass. Try rendering it in pass 0 instead.

Oh, I thought I was doing that.

And yes, you told me to use an IBakedModel, but how the hell would I be able to provide the data (IBlockState & byte) that exists in the Tile, to the model?

The data is only stored in the Tile & ItemStack.
An ICustomModelLoader only provides a ResourceLocation.

On 2017-04-18 at 9:23 AM, Elix_x said:

getQuads method, find model of the "original" block and retrieve its' quads

Issue is in the "find model" part of your statement.

On 2017-04-19 at 4:05 PM, Matryoshika said:

disdain for them, stems more from the rendering perspectives of TESR's,

On 2017-04-19 at 2:19 PM, Matryoshika said:

I do not feel inclined to do so, unless I am forced to do so, due to rendering issues etc.

That is why I am using a FastTESR, not a basic TESR.

The byte data could be omitted, if I register a new block per tier, but the original IBlockState of the block that these are to compress, still needs to be gained from the Tile to determine the model to be used.

If you can help me do that, then I will happily scrap the damned TESR rendering.

"Pi, is there a station coming up where we can board your train of thought?" -Kronnn

21 minutes ago, Matryoshika said:

And yes, you told me to use an IBakedModel, but how the hell would I be able to provide the data (IBlockState & byte) that exists in the Tile, to the model?

The data is only stored in the Tile & ItemStack.
An ICustomModelLoader only provides a ResourceLocation.

First, ICustomModelLoader has nothing to do with this. Custom IBakedModels should be replaced in the registry in the ModelBake event.

Second, to provide data to custom unbaked you can use IUnlistedProperties. Just like block has properties, it also has unlisted properties. While normal properties are both server and client, can be use for logic and require fixed amount of allowed values, unlisted properties are only used for rendering and can hold absolutely any values (even Worlds!).

You have to implement (similarly named methods) getUnlistedState&Container in the block class and cast IBlockState to unlisted state container (don't remember exact class name, sorry) to be able to retrieve unlisted properties.

Alright, I've implemented everything, yet I have come face to face with another issue.

The method getQuads() in BakedMengerOneModel is never called, it seems.
The FMLLog calls are never invoked, after checking console as well as the client-logs.
However, the getParticleTexture() does return the correct TextureAtlasSprite, so the BakedMengerOneModel is getting called to render it.
The model is completely invisible.

I have tried both using the ModelBake event, and registering a custom ICustomModelLoader (that calls an IModel calling BakedMengerOneModel), with equal results :/

I'm a bloody idiot.
It renders fine now, with a BakedModel through an ICustomModelLoader.

Edited by Matryoshika