[1.10.2][Solved] Solid Block renders transparancy white

Lhykos

Heya!

I know that minecraft renders transparency black, if the block model is solid. (Like the leaves if the graphic settings is set to 'Fast')

The same I  do for one of my blocks. The strange thing is that the transparency is rendered white instead of black and I don't know why.

Everything works just fine, because if I replace my block texture with the default oak leaves texture the transparency is rendered black.

That means my blockstate file, model file and block class work like it should.

I think there is something wrong with my texture. Do I have to pay attention to something special? Maybe the color space?

SOLUTION
Just now, Lhykos said:

At the end I took the "File->Export->Save for Web..." option from Photoshop. I selected "PNG-8" and there is the option to set the transparency color.

Edited by Lhykos

19 minutes ago, Lhykos said:

...I know that minecraft renders transparency black...

Technically, Minecraft does not stand for that. It simply renders what it was given.
The PNG format makes use of something called "Transparent colour".
Most image-editing software that exports into PNG will have a "Transparent Colour" option when exporting.

Would you mind if I asked what software you used? I haven't seen a non-white default TC outside Krita, so far.

• Like 1

Also previously known as eAndPi.

"Pi, is there a station coming up where we can board your train of thought?" -Kronnn

Published Mods: Underworld

Handy links: Vic_'s Forge events Own WIP Tutorials.

7 minutes ago, Matryoshika said:

Most image-editing software that exports into PNG will have a "Transparent Colour" option when exporting.

That's something I didn't know. Would be explain many problems in the past.

I use Photoshop, but I never saw a option to set this.

Try setting the opacity as white, but at 1% opaque. When rendering transparency as transparent, Minecraft ignores transparency values below about 10%.

• Like 1

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

12 hours ago, Matryoshika said:

11 hours ago, Draco18s said:

Try setting the opacity as white, but at 1% opaque. When rendering transparency as transparent, Minecraft ignores transparency values below about 10%.

That are two things I will keep in mind for the future. Always good to know that.

At the end I took the "File->Export->Save for Web..." option from Photoshop. I selected "PNG-8" and there is the option to set the transparency color.

If I had known that the solution is that simple, then this thread wouldn't exist. Thanks! :D