Custom mod rejection screen

TomXPro

Hey guys,

I think you all know this scenario: You made a mod pack and some of the mods have been replaced by newer versions.
What will happen? The users see the mod rejection screen.

So, here comes my request: Do you think you could create a mod that changes / replaces this screen? Maybe the text could be customizable so you can add a link to a newer pack or just show "Please start the updater"... or something like this.

For a modder it should not be a big deal I think?

What do you think?

Thanks and best

Tom

Edited by TomXPro
Better title

But the mods *are* loaded at that time, the server just uses another version or has additional mods which the client does not.

Example:

The server uses a mod pack v123.4. It contains modxy v11.23

The client uses an older version of that mod pack v123.3, containing modxy v.11.22

The user gets the mod rejection screen because of the newer version on the server.

If you now have users that don't have any clue what to do and what that means... you have a problem.
BUT if you can customize that screen, you could just replace the text with "An update is available. Please run the mod pack updater." And you're done.

It's a special scenario so I think if you can customize the text (cfg file for example), everyone would be happy with it.

Edited by TomXPro

That would be awesome.
And... uhm... what do you think? Would you do that job?
I don't know how to "request" a mod in the right way (I'm feeling like noob, sorry)... I don't want to get stuff for free. Uhm... so... help me out, please ;-)