Giving Armor special abilities

endershadow

I've made some armor in my mod and I was wondering if anyone knows how I can give the player special abilities like flying, sprinting, etc. I know how to make the character fly, but not check if they're wearing the armor or not.

public void onUpdate(ItemStack stack, World world, Entity ent, int par4, boolean par5)
        {
        	if(ent instanceof EntityPlayer)
        	{
        		if(((EntityPlayer)ent).inventory.hasItem(CodeLyoko.AelitaBoots.itemID) && ((EntityPlayer)ent).inventory.hasItem(CodeLyoko.AelitaChest.itemID) && ((EntityPlayer)ent).inventory.hasItem(CodeLyoko.AelitaLegs.itemID) && ((EntityPlayer)ent).inventory.hasItem(CodeLyoko.AelitaHelmet.itemID))
        		{
        			((EntityPlayer)ent).capabilities.allowFlying = true;
        			((EntityPlayer)ent).capabilities.setFlySpeed(0.10F);
        		}
        		else if(((EntityPlayer)ent).getArmorItemForSlot(0, 0) == CodeLyoko.OddBoots && ((EntityPlayer)ent).getArmorItemForSlot(1, 0) == CodeLyoko.OddHelmet && ((EntityPlayer)ent).getArmorItemForSlot(1, 0) == CodeLyoko.OddLegs && ((EntityPlayer)ent).getArmorItemForSlot(1, 0) == CodeLyoko.OddChest)
        		{

}
        		else if(((EntityPlayer)ent).inventory.hasItem(CodeLyoko.UlrichBoots.itemID) && ((EntityPlayer)ent).inventory.hasItem(CodeLyoko.UlrichChest.itemID) && ((EntityPlayer)ent).inventory.hasItem(CodeLyoko.UlrichLegs.itemID) && ((EntityPlayer)ent).inventory.hasItem(CodeLyoko.UlrichHelmet.itemID))
        		{

}
        	}
        }

Not tried this code yet but it should work

if(entity instanceof EntityPlayer)
{
EntityPlayer player = (EntityPlayer)entity;
if(player.inventory.armorInventory.equals(new ItemStack[]{new ItemStack(//helmet),new ItemStack(//body),new ItemStack(//legs), new ItemStack(//boots)}))
{
	//abilities code here
}
}

do I extend or implement? and what is the name of the file exactly?

In your CommonProxy do this:

public void registerServerTickHandler()
{
TickRegistry.registerTickHandler(new ServerTickHandler(), Side.SERVER);
}

and then call it at Init in your main mod method with "proxy.registerServerTickHandler();"

The create the ServerTickHandler class from the CommonProxy, it should already have a bunch of stuff in it and implemet ITickHandler, then change it to the following :

@Override
public void tickStart(EnumSet<TickType> type, Object... tickData)
{
	if (type.equals(EnumSet.of(TickType.PLAYER)))
	{
	         onPlayerTick((EntityPlayer)tickData[0]);
	}
}

@Override
public EnumSet<TickType> ticks() 
{
     return EnumSet.of(TickType.PLAYER, TickType.SERVER);
}

Create a function in there called onPlayerTick like that:

private void onPlayerTick(EntityPlayer player){}

In there you can then check for the armor with "player.getCurrentItemOrArmor(4)" ore something similar.

This will then get checked every tick ;)

Hope I could help

I tried that but it didn't work. did I do something wrong? I also tried switching the 4 to 1 and 3 to 2 and vice versa.

if (player.getCurrentItemOrArmor(4) != null && player.getCurrentItemOrArmor(3) != null
			&& player.getCurrentItemOrArmor(2) != null && player.getCurrentItemOrArmor(1) != null)
	{    
		ItemStack helmet = player.getCurrentItemOrArmor(4);
		ItemStack chest = player.getCurrentItemOrArmor(3);
		ItemStack legs = player.getCurrentItemOrArmor(2);
		ItemStack boots = player.getCurrentItemOrArmor(1);
		if (helmet.getItem() == CodeLyoko.AelitaHelmet && chest.getItem() == CodeLyoko.AelitaChest
				&& legs.getItem() == CodeLyoko.AelitaLegs && boots.getItem() == CodeLyoko.AelitaBoots)
		{
			player.capabilities.allowFlying = true;
		}
	}

So you want the player to only be able to fly when he has the full set of armor on ?

Did you do it in the server-tick handler and did you put onPlayerTick in the TickStart function like I wrote ?

See if you registered the TickHandler properly.

If that doesn't work, try something different besides allowFlying, like adding potions, maybe that doesn't work that way with the flight…

yes the character needs the full set of armor on. allow flying should work, it's worked in the past. and yes I think I set everything up correctly.

EDIT: I just double checked that the if-statement was being fulfilled correctly. it was, so the problem is player.capabilities.allowFlying = true;

yes the character needs the full set of armor on. allow flying should work, it's worked in the past. and yes I think I set everything up correctly.

EDIT: I just double checked that the if-statement was being fulfilled correctly. it was, so the problem is player.capabilities.allowFlying = true;

I suggest checking it with System.out.println(player.capabilities.allowFlying);

I am doing it this way too, and it is working (although I'm not adding flight), so the problem has to be there…

It's returning true, but it still won't let me fly. Also do you by any chance know how to do keybinds?

Weird…try adding a different effect, it should work if you've done everything correctly, again, I am using pretty much exactly the same code…

And yes I know how to do key bindings, I'll explain it if you want :)