Decompile Mod

HenryRichard

I'm trying to decompile Embers to fix a duplication bug in the latest release of 1.10.2 (which the developer no longer supports). I was able to fix it in the source on GitHub; but the latest 1.10.2 version there is outdated. I tried to use CFR to decompile it, but since Minecraft's source is obfuscated I got a bunch of methods that I can't understand - I guess I could go through and try to fix each individual one but that would probably take longer than actually rewriting the mod from scratch. I also briefly looked at BON2, but I didn't see any documentation on it and I couldn't get it to work. Does anyone here know how I could do this? I have a feeling some of these things could potentially work if I actually knew how to use them better, but if there are programs that work I'm completely willing to use them.

I'll put something here when I have something of value I need to put at the end of every post. For now it's this mostly pointless text.

Just now, shadowfacts said:

Why are you trying to decompile it? Embers is open source.

Like I said, I downloaded the latest 1.10.2 version I could find, but it was outdated. I'd love it if it was that simple, but I don't think it is. If that's the only way possible I can use the outdated version, but I'd rather not if at all possible.

I'll put something here when I have something of value I need to put at the end of every post. For now it's this mostly pointless text.

As long as you have permission of the author (which you seem like you have), you should decompile it using BON2. I think it does require you to have a Forge dev environment already setup for it to find the MCP mappings.

Edited by larsgerrits

Don't PM me with questions. They will be ignored! Make a thread on the appropriate board for support.

1.12 -> 1.13 primer by williewillus.

1.7.10 and older versions of Minecraft are no longer supported due to it's age! Update to the latest version for support.

http://www.howoldisminecraft1710.today/

17 minutes ago, larsgerrits said:

As long as you have permission of the author (which you seem like you have), you should decompile it using BON2. I think it does require you to have a Forge dev environment already setup for it to find the MCP mappings.

Alright - how do I get it to work? I tried running the Embers mod file through it and then decompiling it using CFR, but the same problem I had originally persists. BON2 is in my MDK folder, though I noticed that it only gives me an option for forge 1.8 - I assume I need to add Forge 1.10.2 but I have no idea how.

It does seem like a few methods were fixed, so I'm on the right track I'm sure.

Edited by HenryRichard

Well, if you want to decompile the mod for 1.10.2, you should have a 1.10.2 workspace setup to use.

Don't PM me with questions. They will be ignored! Make a thread on the appropriate board for support.

1.12 -> 1.13 primer by williewillus.

1.7.10 and older versions of Minecraft are no longer supported due to it's age! Update to the latest version for support.

http://www.howoldisminecraft1710.today/

8 minutes ago, larsgerrits said:

Well, if you want to decompile the mod for 1.10.2, you should have a 1.10.2 workspace setup to use.

I do - BON2 is only giving me an option for 1.8 though.

EDIT: I just found a version on Jenkins that has an option for 1.10.2 - will post results in a second.

EDIT 2: Same issue again - didn't fully deobfuscate.

Edited by HenryRichard

Why are you still trying to download it? It's published on GitHub, including the 1.10.2 version of the source code. GitHub allows you to download the contents of the repository from a specific commit. You'll want the one from right before the 1.11 upgrade. Here's a link.

Don't make mods if you don't know Java.

Check out my website: http://shadowfacts.net

Developer of many mods

19 hours ago, shadowfacts said:

Why are you still trying to download it? It's published on GitHub, including the 1.10.2 version of the source code. GitHub allows you to download the contents of the repository from a specific commit. You'll want the one from right before the 1.11 upgrade. Here's a link.

Like I said twice before, that version is outdated. Alchemy is unfinished, and there is no ashen armor. That's why I wanted to decompile the latest version from CurseForge. I already fixed the bug in the version from GitHub before realizing it was old.

Edited by HenryRichard