Emasher's Mods: A Sufficient Number of Biomes, GasCraft, Defense

Emasher

This thread is out of date. For more recent information, see: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1568267-15147forge-emashers-mods-a-sufficient-number-of-biomes-now-with-user-made-biomes-gascraft-and-defense/

Contents

1. A Sufficient Number of Biomes - Adds several new biomes, as well as hemp, and few structures to the game

2. GasCraft - Adds gas to the game, which can be used as a fuel (works with BuildCraft and Railcraft), as well as a few other things.

3. Defense - A small mod that adds chain link fences, barbed wire fences, razor wire fences, and sandbags

A Sufficient Number of Biomes

First of all, this mod adds a few small structures. Throughout the world (except in water biomes) you'll find small ruins where you may find some useful items. In Oceans, as well as one of my new biomes, reefs, you'll also find shipwrecks. And who knows, the ship may have been carrying something quite valuable.

This mod also introduces one new block called "Mixed Dirt". A rough dirt that can be crafted by combining dirt, sand, and gravel. It spawns naturally in a few biomes.

width=800 height=478http://spearmanstudios.com/mods/screens/biomes/Sand%20Forest.png[/img]

[spoiler=Screenshots]

Ruin1.png

Ruin2.png

Shipwreck.png

lighthouse.png

cabin.png

The mod also adds algae, which spawns naturally on top of water blocks in swampland and jungle biomes, as well as my own marsh biome (technically, it will spawn in any biome that has been registered as "SWAMP" in biomedictionary if this mod is installed). Algae slowly spreads to other open spaces above water blocks. Currently, it's just decorative, however, I plan on adding a use for it (involving GasCraft) in a future update.

algae.png

More importantly, this mod adds several new biomes to the game.

[spoiler=Biomes]

Prairie Forest

width=800 height=478http://spearmanstudios.com/mods/screens/biomes/Prairie%20Forest.png[/img]

A somewhat hilly, and sandy poplar (well, they're really birch) forest. Inspired by areas of western Manitoba.

Summit

Summit.png

A mountainous region that stretches up to the clouds. Covered in snow and rock.

Reef

Reef.png

This biome was inspired by a 1.7.3 world I played on for a while that had a ton of small sand islands.

Sand Forest

width=800 height=478http://spearmanstudios.com/mods/screens/biomes/Sand%20Forest.png[/img]

Sand, tall dark trees, and patches of grass.

Marsh

Marsh.png

An extremely flat biome covered in tall grass and water. Now with algae!

Shield

Shield.png

Inspired by the Canadian Shield region. This biome is covered with lakes, and tall trees.

Foothills

Foothills.png

This biome was designed to somewhat resemble the old beta world generation. It's quite like a forest, but with less trees, and more hills and lakes.

Canyon

Canyon.png

A tall biome with grass patches, and short trees. Covered in mixed dirt.

Dirt Plains

width=800 height=478http://spearmanstudios.com/mods/screens/biomes/Dirt%20Plain.png[/img]

Much like the Canyon biome, but more flat.

Glacier

Glacier.png

A simple biome covered in snow and ice. Not much more I can say about this one.

And new as of version 1.3.0

Moorland

Moorland.png

Highlands with rocky outcroppings, lots of grass, and small trees.

Hollow

hollow.png

Tall trees, mixed dirt, and rocky outcroppings. The trees are still a work in progress.

Treeline

treeline.png

A rough cold biome with patches of grass, stone, and gravel. Only a few short trees grow here.

All of these biomes, as well as the other world generation can be disabled in the config by changing the individual biome ids to '0'

Custom Biomes

As of AS#B 2.0, users can create there own custom biomes to play with and share with others. This is accomplished by text files placed in .minecraft/biomes/. A template/example can be found here. The files are reasonably straight forward to write, and the example should make most things obvious. However, a few things to note:

-Biome IDs must be below 256, and you should use IDs that do not conflict with the IDs from the vanilla biomes, or any modded biomes

-The top block and filler block fields are for the block ID you want to use. Only blocks with IDs below 256 will work. Meta sensitive blocks will not work as there is no way to change the metadata. Blocks from mods do work, although, anyone who uses your biomes will have to make sure they have their configs set correctly

-DO NOT use blocks that have tile entities

-Do not put spaces between the colon and the data. Do not leave white space anywhere

-To set anything that has a PerChunk to not spawn, set the value to -999

-Grass and stone patches, and trees with only generate if you have your top block set to sand, mixed dirt (or grass for stone patches)

-The tree types you can use are "SHIELD", "TAIGA", "HOLLOW", or "CUSTOM", using any other string will result in the default tree generator to be used. The next few fields are only used if the type is set to "CUSTOM". The tree leaves and wood refer to the metadata for the wood and leaves

-The BiomeDictionary tags are: FOREST, PLAINS, MOUNTAIN, HILLS, SWAMP, WATER, DESERT, FROZEN, JUNGLE, WASTELAND, BEACH, NETHER, END, MUSHROOM, NULL. NULL is only used to prevent BiomeDictionary from automatically assigning tags to your biome. Each tag should be on a new line

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. If enough people post cool biomes, I may put together some content packs. If you post your biomes in this thread, be sure to specifiy if I have permission to include them in any content packs.

GasCraft

This mod adds natural gas to the game, which can be used as a fuel, or, if you want to get creative, a weapon. Shale gas spawns at the bedrock level. On occasion, gas will come out the top of these blocks if there's no other block in the way. Gas itself also spawns in pockets deep underground. If the player, or any mob comes into contact with the gas, the result is poisoning, loss of health, and nausea. A gas mask can be crafted to avoid these symptoms if you want to be a bit careful. Gas will also explode if it comes into contact with fire, or another explosion, and if the game is set to hard mode, a torch. All gases are also forge liquids. As of GasCraft 1.3.2 Beta C, gas must be extracted from shale gas blocks using a machine called a "fracker" (see NEI for the recipe). Place one on top of the shale gas (or shale oil) block, pump water into the sides, and pump the gas out of the top. Once it's in the system, you can use a gas vial similarly to a bucket to carry it around in, or burn in a furnace for fuel, but more importantly, you can pipe it into a BuildCraft combustion engine to use as a fuel. And better yet, it works as a fuel for Railcraft Boilers.

A new machine called the "Gas Vent" is included in GasCraft as of version 1.3.2 Beta C for which gas can be pumped into, and then will release it into the world upon receiving a redstone pulse.

GasCraft also adds another gas called propellent. It can be made by putting natural gas through a BuildCraft refinery, or, if you don't have BuildCraft installed, you can cook a vial of natural gas in a furnace. Propellent can also be crafted into traps. It behaves slightly differently, rather than exploding when it catches fire, it drops flames onto the first solid ground below it, so it's useful for creating large fires (or a flamethrower when combined with RP2 igniters). It can also be crafted into spray paint, which can be used to paint wood planks. If you have AS#B installed, lighthouses will be made out of red and white planks rather than birch and jungle planks with GasCraft.

Future versions will add new gases with different uses and well as new machines for processing, creating, and working with gases.

gas.png

[spoiler=Screenshots]

gasmask.png

gasvent.png

gastrap.png

paint.png

[spoiler=Video Spotlights]

[spoiler=Recipes]

gasmaskcraft.png

gasvailcraft.png

gastrapcraft.png

Also works with propellent.

paintrecipie.png

Works with any dye.

See NEI for Fracker and Gas Vent recipes.

Defense

Another smaller mod, that adds a few new blocks to help defend your base. You can craft chain sheet, which can be used to craft chain link fences, and as a bonus, can be used to craft chain mail Armour. You can also craft fence wire, which can be used to make barbed wire, and razor wire. All 3 types of fence are climbable, however, barbed wire does small amounts of damage to anything it touches. Razor wire is similar, but does even more damage. Finally, the mod adds sand bags, which have a higher explosion resistance than most blocks.

defense.png

[spoiler=Recipes]

chainsheetcraft.png

fencewirecraft.png

chainlinkcraft.png

barbedwirecraft.png

razorwirecraft.png

sandbagcraft.png

Installation

All of my mods require EmasherCore (see below) to be installed. The latest versions require at least Forge 6.5.0.466. Like any other Forge mod, simply place them in your .minecraft/mods folder (Please note that EmasherCore is NOT a coremod). All of my mods have config files that you can use to change the IDs of blocks, items, or biomes, as well as disable some types of world generation. Before reporting something as a bug, make sure it's not just an ID conflict, or a failure to install the mods properly.

Download

Moved To Wiki

Reporting Bugs

If you find a bug in one of my mods, it would be very much appreciated if you could report it to me. If the game actually crashes, please post the crash report or console log (in spoiler tags). For all bugs, a description about what you were doing at the time, as well as the versions of Minecraft, Minecraft Forge, my mods, and the version numbers of any other relevant mods, as well as any other relevant information, would be appreciated. I can't do anything about it if I can't figure out exactly what the problem is. Also note that I do not support older versions of my mods, I simply don't have time to go back and fix bugs in them.