Drawing mob towards a block

RegalBlaze

Hi guys,

I'm trying to make my own mod but im not very experienced in java and some things are simply nowhere to find :(.

In my mod i want to have a block and upon placement this block attracts one mob and changes it to another. For example, when the block is placed, it sends the nearest zombie to it, kills it and spawns a skeleton.

Does anyone know how to make the mob go towards my block?

Simple ,and a really good idea  8)

This snippet goes in your block's file.

public void onBlockPlacedBy(World par1World, int par2, int par3, int par4, EntityLiving par5EntityLiving) {
	List var4 = par1World.getEntitiesWithinAABB(EntityZombie.class, AxisAlignedBB.getAABBPool().addOrModifyAABBInPool(par2 - 20, par3, par4 - 20, par2 + 20, par3 + 1, par4 + 20));
	if (!var4.isEmpty()) {
		Object e = var4.get(0);
		if (e instanceof EntityLiving) {
			((EntityLiving) e).getNavigator().tryMoveToXYZ(par2, par3 + 1, par4, ((EntityLiving) e).getAIMoveSpeed());
			this.movedEntity = ((EntityLiving)e);
		}
	}
}

public void onEntityCollidedWithBlock(World par1World, int par2, int par3, int par4, Entity par5Entity) {
    	if (!par1World.isRemote) {
    	if (this.movedEntity != null) if (par5Entity.entityId == this.movedEntity.entityId) {
    		if (par5Entity instanceof EntityLiving) {
    			EntitySkeleton sk = new EntitySkeleton(par1World);
                sk.setLocationAndAngles(this.movedEntity.posX, this.movedEntity.posY, this.movedEntity.posZ, this.movedEntity.rotationYaw, this.movedEntity.rotationPitch);
                par1World.spawnEntityInWorld(sk);
                sk.initCreature();
    			((EntityLiving)par5Entity).setDead();
    		}
    	}
    	}
    }

Thank you so much! The part of attracting the mob works like a charm :D

Only the spawn and kill on collision doesnt work. The mob just stands still on the block like an idiot :P

I tried to fix it myself but i'm not quite sure what these if statements exactly mean.

if (this.movedEntity != null) if (par5Entity.entityId == this.movedEntity.entityId) {

if (par5Entity instanceof EntityLiving) {