Adding Container and gui to LivingEnity or LivingEntityBase?

clowcadia

So i am trying to make living entity to have a container and a way to access that with a gui, i been able to attach a gui before but not a container. I learned how to add a tile entity to a black and container and a gui doing so, but now i am trying to apply what i learned to a living entity or a living entity base. I notice in base code it already has the NBT stuff that one would usually apply to a block entity so i think i should use that. but i am not sure what i am doing. as as far as I learned i still need a tile entity to use with a container. can any one offer some advice or some help with this matter

Try looking at the class EntityHorse to see how it opens the GUI of the horse.

EDIT: found something at line 750

Edited by Leomelonseeds

Apparently I'm addicted to these forums and can't help but read all the posts. So if I somehow help you, please click the "Like This" button, it helps.

What you need to do is the same thing you would for a TileEntity. Create a IItemHandlerModifiable field in your Entity and override hasCapability and getCapability in your Entities class. Read the docs specifically the Using an Existing Capability section.

VANILLA MINECRAFT CLASSES ARE THE BEST RESOURCES WHEN MODDING

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

Forge and vanilla BlockState generator.

Not a block. Treat your Entity like you would a TileEntity for this.

1 hour ago, Animefan8888 said:

What you need to do is the same thing you would for a TileEntity.

VANILLA MINECRAFT CLASSES ARE THE BEST RESOURCES WHEN MODDING

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

Forge and vanilla BlockState generator.