Tutorial Item not appearing in game

clowcadia

Yes i am learning Java as we speak but having server connection issue. Iether way i made a tutorial item it does not apear. I am also welcoming any other critic to make it a better example for my modding future.

Main File Tutorial

package com.blank.tutorial;
import java.util.Random;

import net.minecraftforge.fml.common.Mod;
import net.minecraftforge.fml.common.Mod.EventHandler;
import net.minecraftforge.fml.common.Mod.Instance;
import net.minecraftforge.fml.common.SidedProxy;
import net.minecraftforge.fml.common.event.FMLInitializationEvent;
import net.minecraftforge.fml.common.event.FMLPostInitializationEvent;
import net.minecraftforge.fml.common.event.FMLPreInitializationEvent;

@Mod(modid = Tutorial.MOD_ID, name = Tutorial.MOD_NAME, version = Tutorial.VERSION, dependencies = Tutorial.DEPENDENCIES)
public class Tutorial {

public static final String MOD_ID = "tutorial_mod";
	public static final String MOD_NAME = "Tutorial Mod";
	public static final String VERSION = "@Version";
	public static final String DEPENDENCIES = "required-afterforge@[13.19.1.2188,)";
	public static final String RESOURCE_PREFIX = MOD_ID.toLowerCase()+":";

public static Random random = new Random();

@Instance(MOD_ID)
	public static Tutorial instance;

@SidedProxy(clientSide = "com.blank.tutorial.ClientProxy", serverSide = "com.blank.tutorial.CommonProxy")
	public static CommonProxy proxy;
	//public static ClientProxy clientProxy;

@EventHandler
    public void PreLoad(FMLPreInitializationEvent event)
    {
    	proxy.PreLoad(event);
    }

@EventHandler
    public void load(FMLInitializationEvent event)
    {
    	proxy.load(event);

}

@EventHandler
    public void PostLoad(FMLPostInitializationEvent event)
    {
    	proxy.PostLoad(event);
    }
}

Tutorial Items

package com.blank.tutorial.init;

import com.blank.tutorial.Tutorial;
import com.blank.tutorial.items.ItemTutorial;
import com.blank.tutorial.lib.Names;

import net.minecraft.client.renderer.ItemModelMesher;
import net.minecraft.client.renderer.block.model.ModelResourceLocation;
import net.minecraft.util.ResourceLocation;
import net.minecraftforge.client.model.ModelLoader;
import net.minecraftforge.fml.common.registry.GameRegistry;
import net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.Side;
import net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.SideOnly;

public class TutorialItems 
{
	public static ItemTutorial tutorialItem;	

public static void init()
	{
		tutorialItem = new ItemTutorial();
		tutorialItem.setRegistryName(new ResourceLocation(Tutorial.MOD_ID,Names.TUTORIAL_ITEM));
		GameRegistry.register(tutorialItem);
	}

@SideOnly(Side.CLIENT)
	public static void initClient(ItemModelMesher mesher)
	{
		ModelResourceLocation model = new ModelResourceLocation(Tutorial.RESOURCE_PREFIX + Names.TUTORIAL_ITEM, "Inventory");
		ModelLoader.registerItemVariants(tutorialItem, model);
		mesher.register(tutorialItem, 0, model);

}

}

Item Tutorial

package com.blank.tutorial.items;

import net.minecraft.item.Item;
import net.minecraft.item.ItemStack;

public class ItemTutorial extends Item 
{

@Override
	public String getUnlocalizedName(ItemStack stack)
	{
		return "item" + Tutorial.RESOURCE_PREFIX + Names.TUTORIAL_ITEM;
	}

}

Names

package com.blank.tutorial.lib;

public class Names 
{

public static String TUTORIAL_ITEM = "item.tutorial";

}

Client Proxy

import com.blank.tutorial.init.TutorialItems;

import net.minecraft.client.Minecraft;

public class ClientProxy extends CommonProxy 
{
	@Override
	{
		super.PreLoad(event);;
	}

@Override
    {    	
    	super.load(event);
    	TutorialItems.initClient(Minecraft.getMinecraft().getRenderItem().getItemModelMesher());
    }

@Override
    {
    	super.PostLoad(event);
    }
}

Common Proxy

import com.blank.tutorial.init.TutorialItems;

public class CommonProxy 
{
	{
		TutorialItems.init();
	}

{    	

}

{

}
}

You're trying to register item rendering stuff during the Init event. You can't do this, it is too late.  You must register textures during preInit.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

Also, don't use the ModelMesher. Use ModelLoader.setCustomModelResourceLocation.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

Still nothing , i must of coded this wrong

package com.blank.tutorial.init;

import com.blank.tutorial.items.ItemTutorial;

import net.minecraft.client.renderer.block.model.ModelResourceLocation;
import net.minecraft.item.Item;
import net.minecraft.util.ResourceLocation;
import net.minecraftforge.client.model.ModelLoader;
import net.minecraftforge.fml.common.registry.GameRegistry;
import net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.Side;
import net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.SideOnly;

public class TutorialItems 
{
	public static ItemTutorial tutorialItem;	

public static void init()
	{
		tutorialItem = new ItemTutorial();
		tutorialItem.setRegistryName(new ResourceLocation(Tutorial.MOD_ID,Names.TUTORIAL_ITEM));
		GameRegistry.register(tutorialItem);
	}

@SideOnly(Side.CLIENT)
	public static void initClient()
	{
		Item item = Item.getItemFromBlock(ItemTutorial.instance);		
		ModelResourceLocation model = new ModelResourceLocation(Tutorial.RESOURCE_PREFIX + Names.TUTORIAL_ITEM, "Inventory");
		ModelLoader.setCustomModelResourceLocation(item, 0, model);

}

}

I suggest that you browse these forums for modders who've posted links to their work in github (or search github for Minecraft Forge mods). Look at several, finding relatively simple ones, and take note of what goes where (esp if the modder's thread here shows that the mod ended up fixed and working).

Also look up the modding by example.

Finally, disregard all tutorials that mention the model mesher. Delete all links to those old things.

The debugger is a powerful and necessary tool in any IDE, so learn how to use it. You'll be able to tell us more and get better help here if you investigate your runtime problems in the debugger before posting.