[1.11] Rendering with an OBJ file inside a TESR?

AnZaNaMa

So.... I've been working on this for a while and the longer I spend working on it, the more complicated it seems to get. I'm attempting to make a gear. I made a model in blender and put it in the proper location and everything and set it up to load the OBJ for the block. It works fine and the model is loading great when I place it into the world. Now, I want to be able to add the functionality of the gear (make it face different directions based on how it's placed, make it rotate based on it's TE's rotation property, draw a shaft connected to the gear if it should have one, etc..) and I'm thinking the only way I'll be able to pull this off is if I use a TESR. However, I'm not sure how I can render an OBJ model in a TESR. I found an old tutorial from 1.7.10 but it was using AdvancedModelLoader, which no longer exists. If anyone has any experience with this or knows how it may be done, or has a simpler way of accomplishing it, please let me know. Thank you!

- Just because things are the way they are doesn't mean they can't be the way you want them to be. Unless they're aspen trees. You can tell they're aspens 'cause the way they are.