[1.8.9] OkHttp crushing the client?

Bets

3 minutes ago, larsgerrits said:

Show your codeTM.

Well... I have this inside a very fancy class I call "THING":

@EventHandler
    public static void runUponConnectingToServer(ClientConnectedToServerEvent e) {

System.out.println("IS THIS WORKING?");

Minecraft.getMinecraft().addScheduledTask(new Runnable() {

@Override
            public void run() {

System.out.println("WORKS!");

}
        });
    }

This is how I register the class:

@Mod.EventHandler
    public void preInit(FMLPreInitializationEvent e) {
        MinecraftForge.EVENT_BUS.register(new THING());
    }

You're also using the wrong annotation for your ClientConnectedToServerEvent handler:

• @Mod.EventHandler is only for FML lifecycle events (classes that extend net.minecraftforge.fml.common.event.FMLEvent) and only works in your @Mod class.
  • @SubscribeEvent is for gameplay events (classes that extend net.minecraftforge.fml.common.eventhandler.Event) and only works in a class that's had the Class object or an instance registered with the appropriate EventBus.
  • Like 1

Please don't PM me to ask for help. Asking your question in a public thread preserves it for people who are having the same problem in the future.

15 hours ago, Choonster said:

You're also using the wrong annotation for your ClientConnectedToServerEvent handler:

• @Mod.EventHandler is only for FML lifecycle events (classes that extend net.minecraftforge.fml.common.event.FMLEvent) and only works in your @Mod class.
  • @SubscribeEvent is for gameplay events (classes that extend net.minecraftforge.fml.common.eventhandler.Event) and only works in a class that's had the Class object or an instance registered with the appropriate EventBus.

So I just need to change the @EventHandler to @SubscribeEvent. because the @Mod one is in my mod class.

On 2/15/2017 at 10:26 PM, diesieben07 said:

Your event handler method is static, that means you need to register the class to the event bus. You can read this in the event documentation.

19 hours ago, Choonster said:

Works perfectly! one problem I found is when I check if a string is == to "null" or anything else it doesn't work.

for (String str : getUserData(player)) {
                if (str != "null") {
                    System.out.println(str + " " + player);
                }
            }

The getUserData function checks the connected server of a player from an API that is loaded from the web using GSON, "str" should give back the server of the player and if it's null it should just ignore it, but it doesn't.

12 hours ago, diesieben07 said:

Why "null" and not null? Also, that's not how you compare Strings, you must use equals.

Oh yeah lol forgot it's not like js haha. I use "null" because the API returns a JSON object, and when the user is not connected to a server it returns "null" :P

Hmm, looks like there's an issue with Forge and OkHttp :/ I am getting errors when I try to build the mod (running it inside Eclipse works)

This is one of the errors I get when I try to recompile the mod:

E:\forge-1.8.9-11.15.1.1902-1.8.9-mdk\build\sources\main\java\name\mods\testingForge\this\THING.java:16: error: package okhttp3 does not exist
import okhttp3.Response;
              ^

Any idea why?

5 hours ago, diesieben07 said:

You must add dependencies via Gradle. Don't add jars directly in Eclipse.

I added this: classpath 'com.squareup.okhttp3:okhttp:3.6.0' to my dependencies section inside the gradle file. Do I need to remove the jars from eclipse too?

I am still getting errors like:

cannot find symbol
                Response response = APIClient.newCall(request).execute();
                ^

7 minutes ago, diesieben07 said:

Yes, that was my concern. The one in buildscript are for buildscript dependencies, i.e. code that is needed by the build.gradle (the build.gradle is just groovy code).

Now the game is crashing whenever I am loading the recompiled mod ;-;

Found the issue, no idea why it happens though:

The game crashed whilst there was a severe problem during mod loading that has caused the game to fail
Error: net.minecraftforge.fml.common.LoaderException: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: okhttp3/OkHttpClient

Edited by Bets

19 hours ago, diesieben07 said:

The apache http client is not that hard to use, really. And there are plenty of tutorials on the web. And if you really need to, you could just use native java URLConnection :D

Hopefully I'll manage to get it working haha.

Meanwhile I'm trying to check if the player is connected to a game by looking at the tab list. I got to this point "mc.getNetHandler().getPlayerInfoMap()", do I need to loop through it and somehow check if it finds the players name or there is some other faster way of doing so? P: 

31 minutes ago, diesieben07 said:

getPlayerInfoMap will give you collection of all players in the list.

I tried doing this

Collection<NetworkPlayerInfo> users = mc.getNetHandler().getPlayerInfoMap();
        for (NetworkPlayerInfo cuser : users) {
            System.out.println("LOOK AT THIS DAMMIT! " + cuser.getDisplayName());
        }

When I join a singleplayer world it just sends me back to the main screen.

1 minute ago, diesieben07 said:

Where did you put that code? There must have been some kind of error message...?

It's inside runUponConnectingToServer(ClientConnectedToServerEvent e)

The only thing I could find is this

[Server thread/INFO]: Player288 joined the game
 [Server thread/INFO]: Player288 lost connection: TextComponent{text='Disconnected', siblings=[], style=Style{hasParent=false, color=null, bold=null, italic=null, underlined=null, obfuscated=null, clickEvent=null, hoverEvent=null, insertion=null}}

6 minutes ago, diesieben07 said:

Well, that fires right after the connection has been established. There isn't any knowledge of the players yet.

My idea was to fire it all the time on a RenderGameOverlayEvent.Text so it checks all the time if to display something or not.

But it just kills the game for some reason.

EDIT: I think I got it one sec

EDIT: Ok it is not killing the game anymore, but the only thing I get is null :/

Edited by Bets