I was just banned from the IRC channel for no reason

nado

Hey guys.

So I genuinely want help with some SMP coding, I went on to your IRC channel and got kicked because my name was a little long, (it wasn't offensive in any way)

I tried to rejoin and found I was banned.

That is a little bit lame guys. Try to be nicer, whoever is admin on that channel.

You were banned for having a really stupid name. Causing 1/2 my screen to be allocated for the username list.

Thats retarded.

Either way, ask your logical questions here and maybe I won't ban you from here as well.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

I have a bunch of questions relating to getting my single player mod to work on a SMP server. I don't have a great deal of understanding about how client and server files interact so I wanted to ask some broad questions, for example;

Is a server version of my mod_ class going to be filled with all the same methods, just different implementations?

For example I'm teleporting the player to some co-ordinates, I did this using EntityPlayerSP clientside, but it I imagine I would be teleporting EntityPlayerMP serverside or something?

I tried running my mod in MCPs test server and crashed when I picked up a custom block out of my inventory; this is likely a result of how clueless I am at coding this SMP stuff.

Also, next time I'd appreciate it if you'd just kick me and ask me to change my name, not that I have any authority here.

It is usually better to ask a question per thread, allows for better searching in the future.  :)

As for the mod_ class, should be identical except you do not register renderables (block model IDs, TESR's, Entity Renderers, etc...) and so forth, plus networking code is different.

EntityPlayerSP is the player class for both SP and Client, EntityPlayerMP is the player class for on the server only, so yes.

As for crashing, we need an error log.