Download forge by wget

Dijkstra

I working on a server startup script and there be a big upset over curse not allowing pack to have minecraft jar in so now my start script downloads by wget or curl if it not found, was wondering if i could do the same with the forge jar and it libs just for overkill. 

Guest Mr. Flamegoat
13 minutes ago, Dijkstra said:

I working on a server startup script and there be a big upset over curse not allowing pack to have minecraft jar in so now my start script downloads by wget or curl if it not found, was wondering if i could do the same with the forge jar and it libs just for overkill. 

Over at Curse, we're currently discussing this. Just letting you know that it wasn't a unanimous change - we want to make it as easy as possible for server admins to get started.

Guest Mr. Flamegoat
9 minutes ago, Dijkstra said:

hence my start script downloading it if does not exists

would this get me any installer or will it just work with 1.11

http://files.minecraftforge.net/maven/net/minecraftforge/forge/${MCVER}-${FORGEVER}/forge-${MCVER}-${FORGEVER}-installer.jar"

I believe, theoretically, this should work. But there's no guarantees it'll work with all versions. There have been occasions where the naming convention was broken or changed.

• 1 month later...

What OS are you using and what command prompt?

I've done a Windows PowerShell script that automatically downloads the latest Forge and mods from curseforge for a given MC version if that's anything like what you're attempting. Takes a little prep work though.

On 2/3/2017 at 2:43 PM, diesieben07 said:

Why reinvent the wheel? The installer does (and more importantly will always) do everything that is needed to set up Forge.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon